No announcement yet.

US Presidential Election - Indecision 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One small morsel to cheer me up on this chilly and depressing morning: Sanders has won the Alaska, Washington and Hawaii caucuses. Just a small drop in the ocean, but it still cheers me up.
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
      One small morsel to cheer me up on this chilly and depressing morning: Sanders has won the Alaska, Washington and Hawaii caucuses. Just a small drop in the ocean, but it still cheers me up.
      Yeah, I saw that OD. What are the (potential) consequences if any of this??
      Do they carry many electoral college votes???

I can't warm to Hillary at all, she's far better than the candidate the dysfunctional republicans look like they're going to put forward but there's something very cold about her and tbh, I wouldn't trust her really.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

I can't warm to Hillary at all, she's far better than the candidate the dysfunctional republicans look like they're going to put forward but there's something very cold about her and tbh, I wouldn't trust her really.
        She is the best of an abysmal lot

Comment

She might choose Cory as running mate . If so she'd be worthy of a vote
          I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
          HL Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

Very little impact, I fear. BS is performing well in caucuses, and in states with fewer than 10% African American voters. He's only got 2 caucuses left, and Hilary's war machine has been outperforming him in open primaries. Assuming that he wins the Caucuses in Wyoming and Dakota, he'll still need a huge leap forward in the April primaries.

There's still the "black swan" possibility, and it's not over until New York and California are over, but right now the numbers still say Hilary, even if it's less of a coronation than she hoped.

Which is bad news overall, as HC hasn't shown the greatest ability to engage with the sort of blue collar, rust belt voters that just might vote for Trump.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Trump, if he wins the GOP nomination, will do well, unfortunately, in the full Election, he'll get a mix of the redneck, anti govt, marginalised vote, one small thing to be noticed is Trump is pulling in voters who normally don't vote in primaries, percentages are up in all GOP primaries.
              That said there's still a good chance the GOP establishment will pull a quick one into the convention and Ryan may be a dark horse.
              Interesting side note, there's a campaign to allow delegates to carry firearms into the convention centre, the mind boggles..
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                Trump, if he wins the GOP nomination, will do well, unfortunately, in the full Election, he'll get a mix of the redneck, anti govt, marginalised vote, one small thing to be noticed is Trump is pulling in voters who normally don't vote in primaries, percentages are up in all GOP primaries.
                That said there's still a good chance the GOP establishment will pull a quick one into the convention and Ryan may be a dark horse.
                Interesting side note, there's a campaign to allow delegates to carry firearms into the convention centre, the mind boggles..
                Can you ****ing imagine? It would be the apeothesis of Republican screwballery if one of their Presidential candidates was shot by some open carry head banger.

My main worry re: Clinton is her ability to excite and turn out the Democrat vote. When you consider that Obama only won the last election by a few points, it's no sure thing.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

Great show on Trump on C4 now, scary stuff:-o
                    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rZCTML7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2487306
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Assuming their the protagonists at a GE, Trump has handed Clinton a huge boost with his abortion statements yesterday (though he'll no doubt change his mind anyway).

Even some of those who are anti will be concerned that he's stated intent for a ban on what's a hugely complex state and federal issue. The call to "punish" is gold for Hillary in getting the Bernie backing sceptics to vote pragmatically.

Hillary Clinton is 2/5 on PP to win the Presidential election. I think that's free money at this point.

Comment

Trump has now come out saying it's the Muslim Mexican rapist doctors he wants to punish.
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Those abortion statements are the words of a twisted mind. The man needs professional psychiatric care not votes
                            My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Whilst totally disagreeing with Trump's policies on abortion, immigration, wall building etc - it is refreshing to hear a politician express his views with apparently zero regard for what is deemed politically correct or politically to his own advantage.

Whether his spakes will actually lead to greater debate on these subjects remains to be seen but discussing topics which are partially ring-fenced by the fear of upsetting people or challenging group-think is something we need to see a lot more of.

.. Trump like Farage or Galloway whatever about their ideologies are much more entertaining than the dreary Enda and his ilk - though you wouldn't want them running your country - or any one else's.
                              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

His views? The guy hasn't a ****ing rashers. It's all (jingoistic) soundbites attempting to play to a particular audience at any time.
                                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                                X