US Presidential Election - Indecision 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Presidential Election - Indecision 2016

Couldn't see a separate thread for this so might as well kick off a new one.

Here's Nate Silver and friends to help you keep track of where the money is being spent.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/

And here's a link to a story about a candidate promising financial reform in elections while standing on a podium made of hedge fund money:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...form-2016-iowa

Should be fun!
    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hillary-KFC-badge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	2485359
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]11543[/ATTACH]
      Can't beat a bit of the ould misogyny.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
        Can't beat a bit of the ould misogyny.
        It crudely and wrongly mocks her appearance but misogynistic is a stretch!
        "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
          It crudely and wrongly mocks her appearance but misogynistic is a stretch!
          On a badge level, yes, but the general tendency to get abusive about female politicians' appearances? What else would you call it?

It might even be forgivable if it was particularly personal, like the "Wee Jimmy Kranky" stuff that Sturgeon is getting - that at least sits fairly squarely in a tradition of mocking the odd appearance of politicians of all sexes.

But "old woman, wrinkly tits"?
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I'll be honest, this thread hasn't really gone in the direction I thought it might after 5 posts.

So erm...Ted Cruz is an awful bastard, eh?
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
              I'll be honest, this thread hasn't really gone in the direction I thought it might after 5 posts.

So erm...Ted Cruz is an awful bastard, eh?
              Knobbly elbows...
              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

He looks wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it, sort of like his face is melting or something.

Comment

I get a kick out of some of the christian names. Nate, Newt, Tipper, Jeb, Spiro....ermm....

We have no decent names in our politics. Enda, Mehole, that other bollix......
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                    He looks wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it, sort of like his face is melting or something.
                    He's caught somewhere between the look of a man who fears he's going to be found out any second and the look of a man who has tried to sneak out a fart and now thinks he might have followed through.

Comment

On a badge level, yes, but the general tendency to get abusive about female politicians' appearances? What else would you call it?

It might even be forgivable if it was particularly personal, like the "Wee Jimmy Kranky" stuff that Sturgeon is getting - that at least sits fairly squarely in a tradition of mocking the odd appearance of politicians of all sexes.

But "old woman, wrinkly tits"?
                      You're the only one who mentioned Wrinkly you big fecking misogynist. The badge said small
                      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

He's caught somewhere between the look of a man who fears he's going to be found out any second and the look of a man who has tried to sneak out a fart and now thinks he might have followed through.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	1406250.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	2485361

Comment

Here's hoping it proves moderately more entertaining than UK Snoozefest '15
                          i don't hold out much hope

When did something as uninspiring as politics become even more uninspiring ????

Comment

Interesting that Hilary is taking the line of grandma, instead of trumpeting her credentials.

She's getting on a bit as well. Obama came from nowhere the last time, and if a youthful hopeful can come out of the woods she will have a fight on her hands.

Is Jeb Bush a shoe in for GOP? Christ they are like those knock a mole game - every time you hit one on the head another one pops up.
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                              Is Jeb Bush a shoe in for GOP? Christ they are like those knock a mole game - every time you hit one on the head another one pops up.
                              There's a union buster called Scott Walker who is current governor of Wisconsin that fivethirtyeight are giving a very good chance to. He's relatively young, relatively fresh faced and composed of 91% pure evil so he could do well.

Comment

Working...
                              X