No announcement yet.

what are they teaching their children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The vast majority of people who come here do so to work. If it's dole bludgers we want to target we need to start with our own home grown variety of which we have an over subscription of.
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post
      I realise this is anecdotal evidence, but I see significant numbers of young immigrant families here in north county dublin. Amongst my Irish-born acquaintances, most of their kids wait until late 20 s or more often early 30 s to have babies. But amongst my Polish acquaintances, having babies at 21 & 22 seems to be very commonplace. These are well-educated young people, not layabouts who never intend to work. Speaking to one mum about her son's impending fatherhood at age 22, she said just that her kids are in relationships and in their family and region in Poland it was the norm to have babies young. And because African immigrants are so visible here, it is easy to observe that there are lots of very young families of 4 kids around the area.
      It's only really been a generational shift here. My parents had me in their early 20s, and it was the same for most of my peers.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
        It's only really been a generational shift here. My parents had me in their early 20s, and it was the same for most of my peers.
        Oddly, my parents were the youngest in their families in quite a few generations (latter half of the 20s for the first kid), whereas we've then reverted to the previous pattern (mid to late 30's).
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

true in some respects, I remember the rejoicing in a family up at home when a middle-aged local couple had the first baby that had arrived in either family within the previous 40 years. I cannot recall the detail of stats re births in the major Dublin hospitals, but my impression at the time was the proportion from from what were classified as non-national mothers was quite high

Comment

Sickening case:

A horse was left to bleed to death after it was stabbed following a row between two men in a housing estate.

Describing the incident as “one of the most horrendous things” they had ever seen, the Limerick Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said the horse was “chased through the street before being left to die by the roadside”.
            It is understood that the animal was left in a pool of its own blood after it was stabbed during a heated argument between two men on Lenihan Avenue in Prospect, near Limerick city.
            The ownership of the horse was being fought over when one of the young men pulled out a knife and accidentally stabbed the animal while attempting to attack the other man.
            The horse suffered a serious punctured wound to its stomach before trying to flee.
            According to witnesses, the men proceeded to chase the animal down and stabbed it multiple times.
            “They left it to die were it fell,” a LSPCA member said.
            “In my 40 years helping animals, I’ve never seen anything like it – of all the cases I’ve dealt with, this one cut straight through me.”
            “They didn’t know where its heart was, so they kept stabbing it over and over again.”
            “After they were done, they just left it to die by the roadside.”

The Limerick Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (LSPCA) said this horse was left in a pool of its own blood after it was stabbed during a heated argument between two men on Lenihan Avenue in Prospect, near Limerick city.

The Limerick Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (LSPCA) said this horse was left in a pool of its own blood after it was stabbed during a heated argument between two men on Lenihan Avenue in Prospect, near Limerick city.
            The LSPCA told Independent.ie that the attack took place less than 10 minutes from Limerick City shortly after 12:30 pm.
            Unable to move the animal, volunteers watched over it for four hours before it finally passed away.
            One of the charity’s volunteers, who did not wish to be named, said: “I just don’t understand how people could do something like this.”
            “This is the straw that breaks the camel's back – they brutalised this poor animal, and for what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.”
            A Garda spokesperson said they were “aware of the incident” and were reviewing CCTV in the area.

"No arrests have been made to date and enquiries are ongoing," he added.
            Anyone with information about the attack has been asked to contact the Roxboro Gardai station on 061214340.
            "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Jesus christ. These vermin need wiping out.
              So I walked as day was dawning
              Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
              Where we once watched the row boats landing
              By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

Stood looking at it for 4 hrs?
                Could they not have put it out of its misery ffs?

Comment

Everyone in the area and beyond knows who did it, sure I heard before it was even in the news, problem is no one will say anything because of who they are.
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                    Stood looking at it for 4 hrs?
                    Could they not have put it out of its misery ffs?
                    Or just rang a vet perhaps, you know, like ordinary people would??

Comment

Working...
                    X