Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are they teaching their children?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    what are they teaching their children?

    Family devastated over alleged attack on boy

    http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0402/691766-autism/
    2 days, 18 hours ago
    Liam Davin said he has been overwhelmed by the public response to what happened to his son
    The father of a teenage boy who was allegedly assaulted by a group of teenagers has called their actions totally unacceptable.

    Liam Davin said it was a "cowardly" act on a vulnerable boy.

    He said the family was not aware of the incident until a young girl called to their home and told him about it.

    She had seen it on social media and said the teenager, who has autism, was forced to eat twigs, and expose himself by a group of six teenagers who then uploaded the video on social media.

    The video has since been taken down.

    Mr Davin said his son, who is 15, did not tell his family about the incident. The teen has been the subject of bullying in the past.

    He is currently away with his mother on a pre-planned break.

    Mr Davin said he has been feeling sick and numb since he heard what happened to his son.


    Mr Davin said he went to gardaĆ­ in Carrigaline on Monday and made a full statement but an official complaint cannot be lodged until they interview his son.

    Mr Davin said he has been overwhelmed by the public response to what happened to his son, with a local store saying it has received several calls pledging money to buy the teenager Easter eggs and Match Attax collection cards.

    Local gardaĆ­ confirmed they are investigating the alleged incident, which is believed to have happened three weeks ago.

    They have already interviewed one of the six teenagers believed to have been involved.

    Mr Davin said his son’s freedom had been taken away – "almost like he’s been punished for something they done".



    He said the family had moved to Carrigaline from London in 2001 to bring their children up in a safe environment.

    "Every time I think about it I feel so sad, I just want to hug my son – we won’t let them do that ever again, but they have to understand what it is that they’ve done, it’s not funny, there’s nothing entertaining about it".

    "It’s a cowardly, cowardly act on a such a vulnerable member of society – and they have to in some way get that through their heads, what on earth even made you think that was alright?"


    RELATED AUDIO & VIDEO


    Autistic teenager allegedly assaulted in Cork

    Father of autistic boy says family are 'devastated' of reported assault
    Last edited by Cougar Moon; 6th-April-2015, 02:07.
    So I walked as day was dawning
    Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
    Where we once watched the row boats landing
    By the broad majestic shannon

    #2
    It isn't often I get riled up by stuff I hear in the news, but this story last week made my blood boil. Little c**ts. Someone suggested they should be made volunteer in a special needs school for a year.
    Marty in the Morning

    Comment


      #3
      That's not a punishment. They should get a proper, appropriate punishment. Most likely they'll get a slap on the wrist. But the more severe the punishment the better.
      Absolutely appalling, unacceptable behaviour.
      Last edited by Stringer9; 6th-April-2015, 16:53.
      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

      Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

      The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

      Comment


        #4
        Sure what's wrong? It's normal. Evereyone is doing it. Anything you want to imagine is on the internet. If you have a smart phone you have it all. You can imagine it, make it reality, film it and pop it up for the world to see. Burnings, decapitation, humiliation, legal /illegal, gruesome, shocking and desensitising. All at the touch of a finger, any finger, any age any time. The only true bar? The morality of the user. It's a loaded weapon.
        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

        Comment


          #5
          Disgusting and horrible behaviour. Bullying happened a long time before smart phones. Don't know what the solution is....

          Comment


            #6
            These cnuts should not be allowed to hide behind their age, they should be punished harshly.

            Smart phones and the like are a bullys dream, do your bullying from a distance. Before the internet a bully had to stand in your face and risk a smack in the mouth, that made it a lot less appealing to most of them, not all mind but it just wasn't as easy.
            "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              Disgusting and horrible behaviour. Bullying happened a long time before smart phones. Don't know what the solution is....
              Make them sit,one at a time,face to face with the victim and his parents and listen to an account of who he is and what they did to him followed by a serious apology. Making them spend some time helping hAndicapped kids as well might show them and others the error of their ways. Not the "string 'em up" solution many would feel like but seems,because of their age a proper and useful thing to do. Oh and take their phones off them.
              The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

              Comment


                #8
                We could start by abolishing childrens' allowance and other tax incentives to procreate. Having children (ie putting pressure on services like education,health etc paid for by other peoples' money) should be disincentivised . I haven't even mentioned climate change etc . Labour can always be imported before someone starts arguing the ' we need workers to pay our pensions' garbage. Pensions should also be neutral in terms of tax treatment etc but that's another conversation.
                I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                HL Mencken

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Eamo View Post
                  We could start by abolishing childrens' allowance and other tax incentives to procreate. Having children (ie putting pressure on services like education,health etc paid for by other peoples' money) should be disincentivised . I haven't even mentioned climate change etc . Labour can always be imported before someone starts arguing the ' we need workers to pay our pensions' garbage. Pensions should also be neutral in terms of tax treatment etc but that's another conversation.
                  People were having bigger families when there were no "incentives". And the poorer they were the bigger they were.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                  "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                  "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Utter bollix eamo. What this starts from is nothing to do with class money breeding but something more sinister and its prevalent at all levels of irish society of irish business and even irish sport.
                    in the school my kids go to the vast proportion of kids in my daughters class are from wealthy backgrounds. Those who are not are often picked on and the subject of derogatory remarks. My Daughter tells me (shes 7) her classmates predominantly discuss their parents new cars, etc. I dont think thats normal behaviour for 6/7 year olds but is reflective of the predominant subject within the home. Moreover, the parents choose their childrens friends for them based on the parents of chosen child. Qualifications you can guess but the most disturbing is that they "are one if our own" thus polish kids dont generally get invited to birthday parties as don't "blowins" therefore it is irish culture that by its ignorant and xenophobic nature induces segregation and isolation. Ultimately those outside of the clique are more liable to be bullied.
                    let me give you a real example. I have an english friend who drives an auld banger hasn't a brass razoo to rub together and has a child who was bullied unmercifully at our school, so much so that she removed the child from school and why was child bullied? Apparently because...well you work it out for yourself. She got in trouble with welfare over it and the child is back at school. I have another similar more sinister example from boher school that i cannot discuss on here.

                    I could well envisage a scenario where an autistic child in my daughters class would be eventually treated similarly tbh. It would not surprise me in the least.
                    In our case it's not so bad. My daughter can fend for herself. Ive taught her how but i can already see her future here at age 7ffs and i dont like what i see.
                    I always thought the english were a nation of xenophobes but it is overt. Here its done the irish way: sly conniving underhanded etc. And the most sickening is the faux surprise anger and indignation from the very community that bred the scum that tortured that poor boy
                    the logical solution? There isnt one.
                    the autistic boys solution: move to some country that will accept you.
                    our solution: likewise.
                    So I walked as day was dawning
                    Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                    Where we once watched the row boats landing
                    By the broad majestic shannon

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                      Utter bollix eamo. What this starts from is nothing to do with class money breeding but something more sinister and its prevalent at all levels of irish society of irish business and even irish sport.
                      in the school my kids go to the vast proportion of kids in my daughters class are from wealthy backgrounds. Those who are not are often picked on and the subject of derogatory remarks. My Daughter tells me (shes 7) her classmates predominantly discuss their parents new cars, etc. I dont think thats normal behaviour for 6/7 year olds but is reflective of the predominant subject within the home. Moreover, the parents choose their childrens friends for them based on the parents of chosen child. Qualifications you can guess but the most disturbing is that they "are one if our own" thus polish kids dont generally get invited to birthday parties as don't "blowins" therefore it is irish culture that by its ignorant and xenophobic nature induces segregation and isolation. Ultimately those outside of the clique are more liable to be bullied.
                      let me give you a real example. I have an english friend who drives an auld banger hasn't a brass razoo to rub together and has a child who was bullied unmercifully at our school, so much so that she removed the child from school and why was child bullied? Apparently because...well you work it out for yourself. She got in trouble with welfare over it and the child is back at school. I have another similar more sinister example from boher school that i cannot discuss on here.

                      I could well envisage a scenario where an autistic child in my daughters class would be eventually treated similarly tbh. It would not surprise me in the least.
                      In our case it's not so bad. My daughter can fend for herself. Ive taught her how but i can already see her future here at age 7ffs and i dont like what i see.
                      I always thought the english were a nation of xenophobes but it is overt. Here its done the irish way: sly conniving underhanded etc. And the most sickening is the faux surprise anger and indignation from the very community that bred the scum that tortured that poor boy
                      the logical solution? There isnt one.
                      the autistic boys solution: move to some country that will accept you.
                      our solution: likewise.
                      Depends what you mean by the English, I guess. One of the things I enjoyed most about living in London was being part of a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural society. My little boys pre-school marked Eid and Diwali as much as Easter or Christmas, and the kids enjoyed all of them. His group of friends (and the parents attached to them) were a fairly diverse bunch.

                      I'd imagine that's different if you're the only foreigner in a town in Norfolk, I guess.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                      "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                      "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                      Comment


                        #12
                        That sounds like the school I'm looking for BB. (Not the alan partridge one) maybe London too. I'm thinking hard about it. If the Tories get in I'd not be too sure.
                        So I walked as day was dawning
                        Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                        Where we once watched the row boats landing
                        By the broad majestic shannon

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                          That sounds like the school I'm looking for BB. (Not the alan partridge one) maybe London too. I'm thinking hard about it. If the Tories get in I'd not be too sure.
                          The slight issue I had in London (though it will be the same anywhere) is that you don't get a tremendous amount of economic diversity in different communities. House prices tend to drive patches of homogeneity, though it is broken up a bit.

                          Overall though, I've been keen for my lad to grow up in fairly cosmopolitan and international places, as I'm fairly convinced that by the time he hits adulthood that sort of global mindset is going to be a pre-requisite for success. I think the days of sitting comfortably in Europe waiting for the world to come to us are ticking away.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                          "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                          "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Ah don't mind Eamo, he blames everything on the mickey money!
                            "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Haha. Fair play to him. One things for sure Eamo's got more grey matter up there than most.
                              So I walked as day was dawning
                              Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                              Where we once watched the row boats landing
                              By the broad majestic shannon

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X