• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is St Patricks Day!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      Taken today:
      [ATTACH]11358[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11359[/ATTACH]

We don't have a place down there or anything but if I won the lotto I'd buy a place somewhere between Castlegregory, Clochán and Dingle. I'm a shyt surfer but I love parking up down there and failing miserably, I love a few pints and food in Spillanes and I love a few pints in Adams or the Courthouse in Dingle. We camp in Sandy Bay now and then, sadly Spillanes was closed till five today and we'd to hit the road.

Where else in our part of Ireland can you walk in a place like those photos and then wander the beach ten mins later?

Totally undervalued part of the country, gladly most folk haven't a clue about it, or lough doom, or The Gallarus

Or dancing in The Droichead
      :)
      Absolutely, you'll recognise these so:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00164.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	2485193

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2485194
      Last edited by Grandpasimpson; 18-March-2015, 20:36.
      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
        Absolutely, you'll recognise these so:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11366[/ATTACH]
        It's heaven down there
        I am the million man.

Comment

I've enjoyed many good scuba dives around the Maharees.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Taken today:
            [ATTACH]11358[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11359[/ATTACH]

We don't have a place down there or anything but if I won the lotto I'd buy a place somewhere between Castlegregory, Clochán and Dingle. I'm a shyt surfer but I love parking up down there and failing miserably, I love a few pints and food in Spillanes and I love a few pints in Adams or the Courthouse in Dingle. We camp in Sandy Bay now and then, sadly Spillanes was closed till five today and we'd to hit the road.

Where else in our part of Ireland can you walk in a place like those photos and then wander the beach ten mins later?

Totally undervalued part of the country, gladly most folk haven't a clue about it, or lough doom, or The Gallarus

Or dancing in The Droichead
            :)
            Glanteenassig? Being from Tralee, I spent most of my life surfing and mountainbiking back that way. It is a beautiful part of the world but the amount of holiday homes dotted randomly around back near Ballyferriter would make you weep. The planning department should have been locked up for it.

And of course a special mention to Coillte for clear-felling the majority of the beauty spot in Cowboy's photos. It's a mystery to me how one department of Coillte spend time creating scenic walks in the forest and another Coillte department comes along and wipes the whole thing out.
            Last edited by B.A.; 19-March-2015, 09:34.
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

A bit late but...It's steven with a ph. Phteven.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day folks. Here in the UK, a normal day nothing different about traffic this morning. Apart from a new Stop/Go - setting them up overnight is a national pastime - added 10 minutes to the drive.

Wherever Munster fans are in the world today, have a good one!
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Happy St Patricks day from Madrid, folks... It's sunny and I'm the only Irish man in my company, so people are all stopping by to say hello... :D
                  He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Happy St. Patrick's Day.The reason so many Irish have a Christmas birthday!
                    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Guh. Morning folks. Happy thingy. Started early, in the finest tradition. Gonna be on a go-slow for an hour or two I think.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Dubai is cloudy, grey and looks like it's going to rain. Couldn't feel more at home.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

No relation and don't know him but I love to go in to look at the picture. It's a lovely reminder of all that's good in Ireland.
                          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day from Cardiff all, bright sunny morning here, off out later for the club finals and a few pints

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day from sunny Brussels.

Comment

I hate Saint Patricks Day!

Since time immemorial, it has always been the day on which I tackle the grass (I'd be lying if I called it "the lawn") for the first time after the winter break. So I'm just back from the petrol station with a full jerrycan of fuel for the grass monster and I'm about to embark on the five hour cut. The missus keeps nagging me to buy a ride-on, but I regard them as an admission of impotence and old age, so I'm not going there yet.
                                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Working...
                                X