Happy St Patricks Day Folks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy St Patricks Day Folks

Lá fhéile Phádraig shona dhaoibh gach duine.... ar fud an domhain.

I am living in my 5th country (longterm) so its nice to see people wishing me Happy St Patricks day here. We certainly exported a little of our culture to many countries...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ireland_28_mountbrandon.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	2497594

Name:	ireland_fassbender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	2497595

Name:	ireland_liam_neeson.jpg
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2497596

Name:	ireland_rory.jpg
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	2497593

Name:	ireland_van.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	2497597

Name:	_ireland_seamus-heaney-by-felix-clay.jpg
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	2497598

Name:	ireland_byzantium.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	2497599

Name:	Ireland_Clonmacnoise.jpg
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	2497600

Name:	ireland_glendalough.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2497601
    Last edited by i_like_cake; 17th-March-2015, 13:12.
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Name:	ireland_36_moher.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	2485181

Name:	ireland_33.jpg
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2485182

Name:	ireland_25.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	2485183
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

St Patrick's Dat I-l-c? Have you been drinking already?
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Off to Glenteenhassig, then a wander on the back beach and a pint or two in Spillanes.

Screw the getting ossified and falling around town. Fresh air and scenery is what Ireland is all about
        I am the million man.

Comment

Wasn't Patrick Welsh?

Patrick Jones Id imagine.

I've had my fill of the Welsh now to be honest the last 2 weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Off to Glenteenhassig, then a wander on the back beach and a pint or two in Spillanes.

Screw the getting ossified and falling around town. Fresh air and scenery is what Ireland is all about
            Too right. I've a bunch more saplings planted, plus a few mature shrubs transplanted to either side of the lane. Also got groundwork started for another patio, a couple of new raised beds installed, filled with topsoil and planted out with gooseberry and blackcurrant bushes/seedlings on one side, shrubs on the other.

Happy Paddy's Day folks, I hope yizzer using your time constructively!
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Don't rain on the parade.

Happy St. PAtrick's day!
              Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                Wasn't Patrick Welsh?

Patrick Jones Id imagine.

I've had my fill of the Welsh now to be honest the last 2 weekends.
                Maewyn Succat apparently.
                So I walked as day was dawning
                Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                Where we once watched the row boats landing
                By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

lovely to have a day off mid-week. Lots of post-building tidy-up, and planning the next project....and a lovely short week now, only 3 days. Life is good......

Comment

That sounds like a very decent plan, a plate of mussles and a few pints sounds like heaven. Do you spend much time down there? We'll be getting a start on the season down there at Easter, can't wait:-D
                    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                      That sounds like a very decent plan, a plate of mussles and a few pints sounds like heaven. Do you spend much time down there? We'll be getting a start on the season down there at Easter, can't wait:-D
                      Taken today:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426621217.114829.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	2485186Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426621228.880582.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	2485187

We don't have a place down there or anything but if I won the lotto I'd buy a place somewhere between Castlegregory, Clochán and Dingle. I'm a shyt surfer but I love parking up down there and failing miserably, I love a few pints and food in Spillanes and I love a few pints in Adams or the Courthouse in Dingle. We camp in Sandy Bay now and then, sadly Spillanes was closed till five today and we'd to hit the road.

Where else in our part of Ireland can you walk in a place like those photos and then wander the beach ten mins later?

Totally undervalued part of the country, gladly most folk haven't a clue about it, or lough doom, or The Gallarus

Or dancing in The Droichead
                      I am the million man.

Comment

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/iri...237572191.html

And here's the man we can thank for it all
                        Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

Comment

Taken today:
                          [ATTACH]11358[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11359[/ATTACH]

We don't have a place down there or anything but if I won the lotto I'd buy a place somewhere between Castlegregory, Clochán and Dingle. I'm a shyt surfer but I love parking up down there and failing miserably, I love a few pints and food in Spillanes and I love a few pints in Adams or the Courthouse in Dingle. We camp in Sandy Bay now and then, sadly Spillanes was closed till five today and we'd to hit the road.

Where else in our part of Ireland can you walk in a place like those photos and then wander the beach ten mins later?

Totally undervalued part of the country, gladly most folk haven't a clue about it, or lough doom, or The Gallarus

Or dancing in The Droichead
                          Where else would you get to dance in a bridge Cb?
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

I had a surprisingly good Paddy's Day. My mother woke me up to take me to brunch, so I had eggs benedict. I pottered about at home for a while before going to some friends place for board games. Then I went to the pub. I was chatting away to the people at the bar in the pub and one person asked to draw my portrait, which I eventually said ok to. Then he decided he wanted to get me drawing, so he had me draw something from a poster, St. Paddy holding a beer (probably the first time I've drawn anything since primary school.) Then I got a self-portrait of the guy doing the drawings. The pub was quiet and it was a nice relaxed way to spend the evening. The drawings are now blu-tacked to my wall and I might get the portrait of me framed. A strange but good night.

Noah, Paddy, and Me Art by mrendatious1, on Flickr
                              I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Working...
                              X