X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
    am I the only one who finds this kind of offensive? In a dumb stereotypical way?

Me thinks you have led a very sheltered life to date, the post was put up for a laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Oldschoolsocks
    replied
    Originally posted by Major TNT View Post

And a supposed leader of a 1st world country quoting mean girls for laughs is a sign of what exactly?
    A decent sense of humour?

Leave a comment:

• Major TNT
    replied
    Originally posted by Viigand View Post

You have every right to be offended. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong though. Just because someone might get offended doesn’t mean people can’t post stuff. Personally I think posting this is a sign of an uneducated, prejudiced mind. But they can post it.
    And a supposed leader of a 1st world country quoting mean girls for laughs is a sign of what exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Viigand
    replied
    am I the only one who finds this kind of offensive? In a dumb stereotypical way?
    You have every right to be offended. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong though. Just because someone might get offended doesn’t mean people can’t post stuff. Personally I think posting this is a sign of an uneducated, prejudiced mind. But they can post it.

Leave a comment:

• Major TNT
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Micheal Martin was an excellent minister in all the portfolios he held (many of his political foes will agree with that). He was the first minister internationally who introduced a smoking ban (possibly the single most important public health initiative to occur in Ireland in past 30 years) against the wishes of powerful lobbying groups and senior members of the then government McCreevy and Harney. He took over a party rightly decimated after overseeing the bankrupting of the country....the main players scarpered off with their pensions. He steadied the ship and supported bi partisan efforts to stabilise the country. He has now lead FF and FG to join forces for national stability a fact few would ever deemed possible and coming up to 100 year anniversary of our most divisive history of our country. He has faced down powerful voices in his own party. He has faults but I for one am happy that this arrangement will go forward. I didn't want a payrise in the midst of a global recession and pandemic. I didnt want €200 for ever citizen when there is no money to spare. I could go on listing the ridiculous populist recommendations from the party of 'change' but run out of space.
    I am reassured in the knowledge that the cabinet will be made up of some of brightest minds of the 3 parties and look forward to giving them a chance to govern in uncertain times.
    LOL. Get back to work meehole, never knew you were on here

Leave a comment:

• McCloud
    replied
    No white smoke on the junior ,ministers according to the news not many happy campers in those suggested ranks.

Leave a comment:

• Oldschoolsocks
    replied
    yeah, it's a bit past edgy alright

Leave a comment:

• Yatenga
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MeHole 2.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2601133
    Where's Eamonn? Or shouldn't I ask?

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MeHole 2.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2601133

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    I realise that he (or FG) is not everyone’s cup of tea- but I was proud to have Leo as Taoiseach - and I would have despaired of Ireland had we voted in SF (again I realise this is probably only a little more popular a stance than the former), but I am dismayed by the cobbled together self/interested anti democratic nonsense we now have as a government. I would not have wanted SF with an asses roar of government, but I believe this short term marriage of convenience will be politically damaging for all Involved and the country, in the longer term. COVID prevented another election, which would probably have been equally inconclusive. Could we not have had a national government of ALL the talents (inc SF and independents), appointed for, say 3 years (ie post Brexit and COVID, recovery phase)on a non party political basis, rather than this demeaning, parochial patronage.

Leave a comment:

• munstershane
    replied
    Regina Doherty who wanted the Seanad abolished during the 2015 referendum, is now happy to be a Senator and head of the Seanad.

Leave a comment:

• McCloud
    replied
    Great to see those who were rejected by the voting public being appointed to the Upper house so much for change.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel Yell
    replied
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...JPd-l6asu&cf=1

Maybe above is a more balanced article than my comments on Micheal Martin. Stanley your comments are untrue and libellous. Unlike other constituencies he would not have consistently polled high in Cork SC if he was corrupt and lining his own pockets as you suggest. I have just heard Richard Boyd Barrett in introducing his comments on the government say this is not against Micheal Martin as he launched into his speech. He surely would have included him if he was this figure you paint?

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Micheal Martin was an excellent minister in all the portfolios he held (many of his political foes will agree with that). He was the first minister internationally who introduced a smoking ban (possibly the single most important public health initiative to occur in Ireland in past 30 years) against the wishes of powerful lobbying groups and senior members of the then government McCreevy and Harney. He took over a party rightly decimated after overseeing the bankrupting of the country....the main players scarpered off with their pensions. He steadied the ship and supported bi partisan efforts to stabilise the country. He has now lead FF and FG to join forces for national stability a fact few would ever deemed possible and coming up to 100 year anniversary of our most divisive history of our country. He has faced down powerful voices in his own party. He has faults but I for one am happy that this arrangement will go forward. I didn't want a payrise in the midst of a global recession and pandemic. I didnt want €200 for ever citizen when there is no money to spare. I could go on listing the ridiculous populist recommendations from the party of 'change' but run out of space.
    I am reassured in the knowledge that the cabinet will be made up of some of brightest minds of the 3 parties and look forward to giving them a chance to govern in uncertain times.
    Jasus, you make MeHole sound like some kind of Disney Superhero, whereas he has been useless in any portfolio in the past, constantly kicking everything into touch and demanding Reports, half of which he then does not bother to read.

He was involved in the Mahon Tribunal and absolutely up to his tits supporting Owen O'Callaghan (r.i.p.) and his destruction of Tom Gilmartin's ambitions for Quarryvale SC in Dublin.

He is old fashioned FF and likes to earn a few quid on the side.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X