No announcement yet.

Fine Gael

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My big concern is not their past actions (which personally I find immoral but not all agree on that) rather its where they are today
    The scenes from the funeral in the north were deeply disturbing
    It suggests a complete disregard for state authority, law and order, and public health and safety, and that Sinn Fein is still at the beck and call of the IRA
    And an IRA that cares nothing for ordinary people

Thats where SF are today. And until they convince me that that is not the case I never want to see them in government. Regardless of their policies

(and comparing that funeral with the Taoiseach having drinks with friends in a public, outdoor setting that may or may not have been 100% in compliance with the social distancing rules is disingenuous)

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
      My big concern is not their past actions (which personally I find immoral but not all agree on that) rather its where they are today
      The scenes from the funeral in the north were deeply disturbing
      It suggests a complete disregard for state authority, law and order, and public health and safety, and that Sinn Fein is still at the beck and call of the IRA
      And an IRA that cares nothing for ordinary people

Thats where SF are today. And until they convince me that that is not the case I never want to see them in government. Regardless of their policies

(and comparing that funeral with the Taoiseach having drinks with friends in a public, outdoor setting that may or may not have been 100% in compliance with the social distancing rules is disingenuous)
      From my understanding those who attended the funeral in the church including SF leading members observed social distancing. Outside yes a different story but those apparently were ordinary people wanting to pay their respects to the diseased. I'd imagine if the IRA had being policing outside the church there would have been more social distancing but then again if that organisation had done that there would be quite a lot of posters complaining about a paramilitary organisation taking the law into their own hands.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

IRA ‘policing’ involves abducting people, taking them to a remote location and killing them.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post

From my understanding those who attended the funeral in the church including SF leading members observed social distancing. Outside yes a different story but those apparently were ordinary people wanting to pay their respects to the diseased. I'd imagine if the IRA had being policing outside the church there would have been more social distancing but then again if that organisation had done that there would be quite a lot of posters complaining about a paramilitary organisation taking the law into their own hands.
          Methinks you are very understanding......I saw a long procession, lines of stewards in various "uniforms", pipers, etc.
          I dont think anybody else could have had a funeral like that in these times. It was in effect an IRA "state funeral" that breached public health rules in lots of ways

Comment

Methinks you are very understanding......I saw a long procession, lines of stewards in various "uniforms", pipers, etc.
            I dont think anybody else could have had a funeral like that in these times. It was in effect an IRA "state funeral" that breached public health rules in lots of ways
            I think you see SF in the head line and that's it. I've got no interest in SF as a party or anything else to be truthful but your a bit like Donald Trump every body else is to blame are you going to have ago at those who attended Jack Chartons funeral as well or do you just do double standards??
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I think you see SF in the head line and that's it. I've got no interest in SF as a party or anything else to be truthful but your a bit like Donald Trump every body else is to blame are you going to have ago at those who attended Jack Chartons funeral as well or do you just do double standards??
              Well you see, this is in response to our resident shinnerbot who spouts non-stop propaganda but when it gets thrown back at him that his own beloved mass-murdering scumbags are every bit as bad, he's nowhere to be seen.
              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Confess that I dont see your point.

I was concerned with the scenes from Walkinstown.....would have loved to see more of them wearing masks. But I dont see the Jack Charlton fan club running for office

Big difference between a paramilitary organization tied to a major political party flouting the law at a funeral for a known criminal member of said organization and a group of over enthusiastic citizens doing the same for a beloved sports figure who did no harm to anybody except for some strikers knees.....

Personally, I welcome SF as a political viewpoint. Clearly the status quo in Irish politics hasnt worked for many people. I'd love if they distanced themselves publicly from the IRA. Seeing them paying homage to the Army Council as they flaunted the law/rules made me very uncomfortable and suggested they are beholden to the IRA. It suggests they have a ways to go

But again I think I am missing your point
                Last edited by Yatenga; 23-July-2020, 23:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                  IRA ‘policing’ involves abducting people, taking them to a remote location and killing them.
                  that's not fair, sometimes they only shoot your kneecaps or toes off
                  Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

If you have an issue with little or no social distancing and a potential breach of public health rules at a funeral in Belfast then you must also have a big problem with this funeral in Roscommon?
                    Otherwise its just a massive display of hypocrisy on your part.

For the record I dont have an issue with the crowds at either funeral. People wanted to pay their respects at both and there were no reports of anyone contacting covid from either event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2602050

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post

If you have an issue with little or no social distancing and a potential breach of public health rules at a funeral in Belfast then you must also have a big problem with this funeral in Roscommon?
                      Otherwise its just a massive display of hypocrisy on your part.

For the record I dont have an issue with the crowds at either funeral. People wanted to pay their respects at both and there were no reports of anyone contacting covid from either event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2602050
                      so am I correct in saying that your point is you are not a hypocrite because you are in favor of all funerals that breach health guidelines while I am a hypocrite because I only care about those that are organized by the IRA?

Which is kind of a dumb argument to be having and suggests you are more interested in personal attacks

Over.

Comment

so am I correct in saying that your point is you are not a hypocrite because you are in favor of all funerals that breach health guidelines while I am a hypocrite because I only care about those that are organized by the IRA?

Which is kind of a dumb argument to be having and suggests you are more interested in personal attacks

Over.
                        Well that went completely over your head....

Comment

Nail on the head. FF & FG mouthpieces attack Michelle O'Neill for attending a Dail ceremony in Dublin, yet have no issue with Mairead McGuinness jetting in from brussels for the same event.
                          SF politicians attending a funeral in belfast was whipped into a media storm here for weeks. Yet FF & FG politicians attending a funeral in Roscommon wasn't a problem.
                          The same FF & FG partitionist mouthpieces want nothing to do with the 6 counties, yet bang on about events there when it suits their agenda.
                          People receiving the pandemic unemployment payment are ripped asunder for going on a prebooked holiday, yet tax exiles such as denis o'brien get to come and go when they please. The revenue commissioners even extended the number of days tax exiles can spend here!

Its the hypocrisy and double standards that would sicken you. Little wonder that the likes of varadkar wasnt even elected in his own constituency until the 5th count!

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post

Nail on the head. FF & FG mouthpieces attack Michelle O'Neill for attending a Dail ceremony in Dublin, yet have no issue with Mairead McGuinness jetting in from brussels for the same event.
                            SF politicians attending a funeral in belfast was whipped into a media storm here for weeks. Yet FF & FG politicians attending a funeral in Roscommon wasn't a problem.
                            The same FF & FG partitionist mouthpieces want nothing to do with the 6 counties, yet bang on about events there when it suits their agenda.
                            People receiving the pandemic unemployment payment are ripped asunder for going on a prebooked holiday, yet tax exiles such as denis o'brien get to come and go when they please. The revenue commissioners even extended the number of days tax exiles can spend here!

Its the hypocrisy and double standards that would sicken you. Little wonder that the likes of varadkar wasnt even elected in his own constituency until the 5th count!
                            so your arguments can essentially be distilled down to whataboutism and throwing out accusations of hypocrisy?

Comment

so your arguments can essentially be distilled down to whataboutism and throwing out accusations of hypocrisy?
                              Mairead McGuinness was not even there so not a good example.

Comment

Ah would you look at this, FG with their heads firmly in the sand..

Oh course it was just a gaffe here and there, nothing to do with totally incompetent ministers like harris, doherty and murphy, failures to address homelessness, housing & healthcare, the maria bailey shambles, the national childrens hospital and national broadband plan debacles, and of course leo continuously sticking the boot into the poorest in society etc etc...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ffes-1.4317127

"A series of gaffes prior to and during the general election cost Fine Gael at the polls, a meeting of the parliamentary party has been told.

Ministers and Ministers of State held discussions reviewing the party’s general election performance on Tuesday ahead of a further meeting of the entire parliamentary party on Wednesday evening."

Comment

Working...
                                X