Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fine Gael

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

    I would never assume or think that.

    But, I think posts like that reinforce stereotypes and contribute to an atmosphere of hate and discrimination
    I think it "matters" that we can laugh at an obvious photo-shopped pic for what it is without an atmosphere of hate and discrimination or reinforcing stereotypes, it does sound like everything you do or see leaves a strong mark on you, lighten up lad, otherwise you will be weighed down by outrage.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Stanley View Post

      I think it "matters" that we can laugh at an obvious photo-shopped pic for what it is without an atmosphere of hate and discrimination or reinforcing stereotypes, it does sound like everything you do or see leaves a strong mark on you, lighten up lad, otherwise you will be weighed down by outrage.
      Maybe you should think a little more about how "others" might perceive what for you is only a laugh?

      Somebody who sees "outrage" when somebody simply points out that something could be hurtful sounds like projecting on to others their own preoccupations
      Clearly this discussion is going nowhere but a simple question - if that appeared on the Irish Times or the Sun as a cartoon would it be "funny"?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

        Maybe you should think a little more about how "others" might perceive what for you is only a laugh?

        Somebody who sees "outrage" when somebody simply points out that something could be hurtful sounds like projecting on to others their own preoccupations
        Clearly this discussion is going nowhere but a simple question - if that appeared on the Irish Times or the Sun as a cartoon would it be "funny"?
        hillarious
        Life is good

        Comment


          Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

          Maybe you should think a little more about how "others" might perceive what for you is only a laugh?

          Somebody who sees "outrage" when somebody simply points out that something could be hurtful sounds like projecting on to others their own preoccupations
          Clearly this discussion is going nowhere but a simple question - if that appeared on the Irish Times or the Sun as a cartoon would it be "funny"?

          It would be a cracker.

          Comment


            It's a gay stereotype. Stereotypes just don't make for good comedy. It's punching down. It's the same for all other "jews are tight", "blacks are thick" Roy Chubby Brown type material, spectacularly unfunny.
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

            Comment


              Stereotypes make for great comedy. Basil Fawlty being a prime example.

              Comment


                Pathetic sense of entitlement by leo and simple simon. Yet another complete waste of taxpayers money..

                https://extra.ie/2020/07/05/news/pol...keep-state-car

                Tanaiste Leo Varadkar held a farewell party at the Steward’s Lodge in Farmleigh on Friday evening – as members of his own party questioned his seeming ‘addiction to the trappings of power’.

                The revelations come after the news that Mr Varadkar is to retain an aide-decamp – an Army officer who can represent the Dublin West TD at events – and anger at reports that former tanaiste Simon Coveney was seeking to retain his previous right to a Garda driver – a privilege dropped for all but three members of cabinet in 2011.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                  Pathetic sense of entitlement by leo and simple simon. Yet another complete waste of taxpayers money..

                  https://extra.ie/2020/07/05/news/pol...keep-state-car

                  Tanaiste Leo Varadkar held a farewell party at the Steward’s Lodge in Farmleigh on Friday evening – as members of his own party questioned his seeming ‘addiction to the trappings of power’.

                  The revelations come after the news that Mr Varadkar is to retain an aide-decamp – an Army officer who can represent the Dublin West TD at events – and anger at reports that former tanaiste Simon Coveney was seeking to retain his previous right to a Garda driver – a privilege dropped for all but three members of cabinet in 2011.
                  Oh thanks for that, the link gave me a giggle, some parts of it are pure Waterford Whispers. Brightened my morning no end...

                  ‘I don’t think the guidelines on having no more than 50 people at an indoor function was broken, but there were a lot of cars parked outside and there were taxis dropping people off. The people looked like their pub mates and not like people who work in Government.’
                  Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                    Pathetic sense of entitlement by leo and simple simon. Yet another complete waste of taxpayers money..

                    https://extra.ie/2020/07/05/news/pol...keep-state-car

                    Tanaiste Leo Varadkar held a farewell party at the Steward’s Lodge in Farmleigh on Friday evening – as members of his own party questioned his seeming ‘addiction to the trappings of power’.

                    The revelations come after the news that Mr Varadkar is to retain an aide-decamp – an Army officer who can represent the Dublin West TD at events – and anger at reports that former tanaiste Simon Coveney was seeking to retain his previous right to a Garda driver – a privilege dropped for all but three members of cabinet in 2011.
                    Considering the show put on by SF/IRA the other weekend I do think it's only right that Minster of Defence & Foreign Affairs of our State has some official protection as he traverses the whole of the island.
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

                      Maybe you should think a little more about how "others" might perceive what for you is only a laugh?

                      Somebody who sees "outrage" when somebody simply points out that something could be hurtful sounds like projecting on to others their own preoccupations
                      Clearly this discussion is going nowhere but a simple question - if that appeared on the Irish Times or the Sun as a cartoon would it be "funny"?
                      I'd agree on this, posters on this site do not have a standard sense of humour. For instance, I now avoid looking at the Pictures thread, due to the frequency of posting very sexist or stereotypical pictures and tropes of women which cause me considerable annoyance and even offence. Rather than complain to Stanley or others every time they post one that they may find amusing, I minimise my irritation by avoidance, whether or not that's the best approach.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Sulla View Post

                        Considering the show put on by SF/IRA the other weekend I do think it's only right that Minster of Defence & Foreign Affairs of our State has some official protection as he traverses the whole of the island.
                        What sort of nonsense is that. Leo was drinking cans in phoenix park and taking selfies with strangers while on a date with his canadian boyfriend so he evidently has no concerns for his safety. As for simple simon he's more concerned with protecting israels continued laughter of palestinians and blocking badly needed sanctions on israel.

                        Their pathetic displays of self entitlement and greed will cost taxpayers a fortune. Its all a big joke to leo, cracking jokes at press conferences while announcing covid deaths. He's a disgrace. Its no wonder the electorate gave him the boot and his own constituency barely supported him.

                        Comment


                          Another victim of the shambolic HSE dies tragically today. Varadkar then issues a statement rebutting her widowed husbands statement.
                          Is he trying to exceed FG relic michael noonan's cruelty to women with this approach?
                          While ruth morrissey was still alive and suffering from cervical cancer she was dragged through the courts even though varadkar promised that wouldnt happen.

                          https://www.thejournal.ie/ruth-morri...54081-Jul2020/

                          The Limerick woman won a case against the HSE and two laboratories that examined her cervical smear tests.

                          She was first diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2014. After recovering initially, her cancer returned in 2018 and became terminal.

                          The results of an audit from the labs responsible for testing the slides revealed there were a number of incorrect test results, including Morrissey’s tests, and those of more than 200 other women.

                          The HSE was ordered to award damages to her for not notifying her of the results of audits of her 2009 and 2014 smear tests – which is the crux of the CervicalCheck controversy affecting over 221 other women.

                          Comment


                            They're still not quite at mass murder status. Any chance you'd address the fact that the great and the good of the shinner party attended the funeral in the north at the behest of the army council, covid regulations be damned? Thought not
                            Last edited by B.A.; 21-July-2020, 07:55.
                            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                              They're still not quite at mass murder status. Any chance you'd address the fact that the great and the good of the shinner party attended the funeral in the north at the behest of the army council, covid regulations be damned? Thought not
                              What on earth are you on about? Mass murder?

                              Comment


                                The IRA murdered 1,823 people during the troubles.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X