No announcement yet.

Fine Gael

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Cowen, former Taoiseach has been taken seriously ill and is in Intensive Care in a Dublin Hospital.

link
    Last edited by Piquet; 5th-July-2019, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      Brian Cowen, former Taoiseach has been taken seriously ill and is in Intensive Care in a Dublin Hospital.

link
      A bleed on the brain apparently.

Comment

Gene Kerrigan nails it in the Indo.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
          Gene Kerrigan nails it in the Indo.
          My feeling is that the FG grassroots who favoured Coveney may well have been right. Substance over perceived style.

Comment

As someone who supports FG because they're the best of a bad lot, Leo is inept (something I've been saying for along time). Id even prefer Enda over him.
            I suspect FG are going to get mangled at the next election.
            "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
            Will Greenwood

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
              As someone who supports FG because they're the best of a bad lot, Leo is inept (something I've been saying for along time). Id even prefer Enda over him.
              I suspect FG are going to get mangled at the next election.

I used to support FG because of my back round but once they sold us out to the bankers and Europe I wouldn't cross the road to piss on one of them if they were on fire,
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

So she's been found by an internal inquiry to have exaggerated her claim (also known as lying). Punishment: She May lose a committee chair position.....This is a resigning matter in most countries.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...te-935367.html
                "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                Will Greenwood

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post

I used to support FG because of my back round but once they sold us out to the bankers and Europe I wouldn't cross the road to piss on one of them if they were on fire,
                  That's good news. With the amount of C2H5OH in your system the conflagration would be hard to contain

Comment

So she's been found by an internal inquiry to have exaggerated her claim (also known as lying). Punishment: She May lose a committee chair position.....This is a resigning matter in most countries.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...te-935367.html
                    It's amazing when a politician being caught lying, at other people's personal expense, is seen as enough punishment in itself. This isn't isn't the world 99% of us live in.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

It's amazing when a politician being caught lying, at other people's personal expense, is seen as enough punishment in itself. This isn't isn't the world 99% of us live in.
                      And we laugh at 3rd world countries when we're no better. Whats even more depressing is that FG promised an era of "new politics". I challenge anyone to show what changes in transparency they've brought since coming to power.
                      Will Greenwood

Comment

And we laugh at 3rd world countries when we're no better. Whats even more depressing is that FG promised an era of "new politics". I challenge anyone to show what changes in transparency they've brought since coming to power.
                        Bailey is lucky that the loss of her vote could bring down the government, Leo is putting power before accountability, or stability before accountability.

Comment

We need to start prosecuting fraudulent claimants in Ireland. It won’t change until we do
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                            We need to start prosecuting fraudulent claimants in Ireland. It won’t change until we do

It appears that the level of fraudulent claims in Ireland has been grossly overstated by the insurance companies, and the number of fraudulent claims referred to Gardaí by insurance companies is tiny.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...007%3fmode=amp

Comment

Possibly, but there are still many high profile cases showing massive returns even if the injury happened as a result of the stupidity/poor judgement of the person injured. For example, the girl who decided to hang off the back of the Luas and was awarded over 500k

edit: I know that is a different aspect, but it all feeds into the culture to have a go with a claim and see how you get on. No real downside
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

or the young wan, the other week that got €85K for burns from a teacup that she was carrying jammed between her elbow and her stomach with a biscuit or a bun in each hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X