Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
    Bunch of bullsh*tters and liars.

Sadly like most in Leinster house it would be nice if there were a few leaders in the crowd....
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Definitely MC, but theres a few FG fools on here who will no doubt continue to defend the indefensible.

They are part of the problem.

Comment

Kudos to Enda Kenny for this, wonder will he be chatting to this lad after he talks to the man with a pint in each hand eh?

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/06/25/bas-in-eirinn/

I currently reside in the US, where I teach college full time. In recent weeks I have returned to Dublin to be with my sick Mother. She has cancer and is currently dying. How long she has is unknown, but we have been made aware that time is short, perhaps months, but some days it seems like she could go any time.

I am writing because I find myself appalled at the lack of end-of-life care in this country. This is my first experience of an up-close and personal family death.
        I came with a view to spending a few weeks with my mother, to offer comfort and support and lend a hand where needs be. I now find myself as primary care-giver, at home, with no end in sight, unable to return to my family in the US because there is nowhere for my mother to go.

I have brothers here, and they are very good in terms of offering time, but both have commitments that preclude them from being here full-time, 24/7, which is currently what my mother needs.
        She is not eating, barely drinking, and needs assistance with all the most basic and mundane daily tasks. I am not trained for this kind of care, and there are issues of dignity that one finds very difficult to over-come. I feel like I am alone and the system, whatever exists of it, has left us to our own devices.

My mother has experienced some brief periods of respite at Our Ladies Hospice at Harold’s Cross, and her current palliative team visit and do their best, as far as know, but all the emphasis is on taking pills that seem to have little positive effect on a dying person.

Comment

Kudos to Enda Kenny for this, wonder will he be chatting to this lad after he talks to the man with a pint in each hand eh?

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/06/25/bas-in-eirinn/

I currently reside in the US, where I teach college full time. In recent weeks I have returned to Dublin to be with my sick Mother. She has cancer and is currently dying. How long she has is unknown, but we have been made aware that time is short, perhaps months, but some days it seems like she could go any time.
          I am writing because I find myself appalled at the lack of end-of-life care in this country. This is my first experience of an up-close and personal family death.
          I came with a view to spending a few weeks with my mother, to offer comfort and support and lend a hand where needs be. I now find myself as primary care-giver, at home, with no end in sight, unable to return to my family in the US because there is nowhere for my mother to go.
          I have brothers here, and they are very good in terms of offering time, but both have commitments that preclude them from being here full-time, 24/7, which is currently what my mother needs.
          She is not eating, barely drinking, and needs assistance with all the most basic and mundane daily tasks. I am not trained for this kind of care, and there are issues of dignity that one finds very difficult to over-come. I feel like I am alone and the system, whatever exists of it, has left us to our own devices.
          My mother has experienced some brief periods of respite at Our Ladies Hospice at Harold’s Cross, and her current palliative team visit and do their best, as far as know, but all the emphasis is on taking pills that seem to have little positive effect on a dying person.
          Completely unacceptable but I don't think you can blame Enda Kenny for this one - the blame lies with successive governments who have not grasped real reform of our health system.

The second point is that person lives in the ultimate country of a two tier health system.

Comment

http://m.independent.ie/business/iri...-31331355.html

Kenny seems to have forgotten the VAT increase from 21 to 23% in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              Completely unacceptable but I don't think you can blame Enda Kenny for this one - the blame lies with successive governments who have not grasped real reform of our health system.

The second point is that person lives in the ultimate country of a two tier health system.
              He blames Enda personally for everything.
              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

As far as I can see the reason we have never had real change in Ireland is because nobody has the balls to take on the unions in a serious way.

Comment

People wouldn't vote for a party that would take on the Unions. We don't have a right wing party in Ireland unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Jippo View Post
                    As far as I can see the reason we have never had real change in Ireland is because nobody has the balls to take on the unions in a serious way.
                    Dont one of the government parties, labour, derive income from the unions?

definitely no chance of the unions being taken down a peg or ten when people vote labour into power.

Comment

definitely no chance of the unions being taken down a peg or ten when people vote labour into power.
                      Unite and the Asti are fairly in the Sinn Fein branch of the woods, plenty of Siptu workers are, although their leadership still officially backs the Labour Party, a number are hedging their bets, you certainly won't see SF rocking any Union boats that's for sure
                      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                        Unite and the Asti are fairly in the Sinn Fein branch of the woods, plenty of Siptu workers are, although their leadership still officially backs the Labour Party, a number are hedging their bets, you certainly won't see SF rocking any Union boats that's for sure
                        any chance you could answer the original question?

Comment

So what's in the 88 pages of documents that the department of finance sent earlier to Denis O'Brien earlier this year?
                          and why are they so keen to keep it covered up?

"The Department of Finance has refused to release a series of letters that passed between it and the businessman Denis O’Brien earlier this year.
                          The media and telecoms mogul wrote to the Department of Finance on June 11, 2015. Over the next four months, 88 pages of documents were sent by the Department to O’Brien."

Comment

Any chance you'd post the full article?

Comment

So what's in the 88 pages of documents that the department of finance sent earlier to Denis O'Brien earlier this year?
                              and why are they so keen to keep it covered up?

"The Department of Finance has refused to release a series of letters that passed between it and the businessman Denis O’Brien earlier this year.
                              The media and telecoms mogul wrote to the Department of Finance on June 11, 2015. Over the next four months, 88 pages of documents were sent by the Department to O’Brien."
                              Presumably because the documentation is required either for the independent enquiry that the motormouths on the Opposition benches were so keen to have establshed; or for DOB's court case against the Oireachtas.

If you had even a quarter of a watt of brainpower, then you should have been able to work that one out for yourself.
                              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Honest Abe is an intellectual colossus by comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X