No announcement yet.

Fine Gael

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine attempting to use a woman with terminal cancer for political purposes. Leo should hang his head in shame...
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

When Baldy Noonan did the dirty on Mrs McCole, FG got it in the neck at the 2002 election, losing 23 of their 54 seats or 43%.

Comment

Liability is the issue. its the company that was doing the testing is contesting, which they are quite right to do, if they don't think they are liable and if these tests aren't 100% accurate each time. There is usually a tiny margin for error in most testing procedures, be that a sample been taken incorrectly, stored incorrectly, transported incorrectly. If I was involved in the testing company I sure would like all the liability dumped on our shoulders if it was fully our fault. Government can do little but were stupid enough to be making false promises they could never deliver on.

Comment

Ah hail Leo Varadkar's Republic of Opportunity - the latest is homeless kids being housed in garda stations. Just when you think Fine Gaels despicable policies cant bring about worse results Leo just sinks to a new level.

http://www.thejournal.ie/homeless-fa...72480-Aug2018/

"Margaret Cash (28) and six of her children, aged from one to 11, are expected to remain there until Monday. Another one of her children is staying with a family friend, having recently been released from hospital after suffering from a viral infection."

Comment

Who asked her to have the seven kids??? .. That might sound very harsh but we have a very small family and could not afford to have more with the cost of everything..Not a chance in hell could we have seven and expect to provide for them.. All fine and well blaming Leo and Co..
            Last edited by rua13; 10th-August-2018, 11:22.

Comment

Where did her partner spend the night?

This is from 3 years ago..
              http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/...omeless-crisis

Comment

Originally posted by rua13 View Post
                Who asked her to have the seven kids??? .. That might sound very harsh but we have a very small family and could not afford to have more with the cost of everything..Not a chance in hell could we have seven and expect to provide for them.. All fine and well blaming Leo and Co..
                You're right, that does sound very harsh. And pretty callous to the plight of seven kids who don't have a home to sleep in.

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                  Ah hail Leo Varadkar's Republic of Opportunity - the latest is homeless kids being housed in garda stations. Just when you think Fine Gaels despicable policies cant bring about worse results Leo just sinks to a new level.

http://www.thejournal.ie/homeless-fa...72480-Aug2018/

"Margaret Cash (28) and six of her children, aged from one to 11, are expected to remain there until Monday. Another one of her children is staying with a family friend, having recently been released from hospital after suffering from a viral infection."
                  You know something, if you are that concerned about the homeless crisis you should go out and volunteer for meals on wheels or some similar service and make yourself f*cking useful instead of blowing hot air on a rugby forum. It's pretty crass that you use these people's tragedies to score some sort of political points.
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                    You're right, that does sound very harsh. And pretty callous to the plight of seven kids who don't have a home to sleep in.
                    Yeah i agree extremely hard on the children but do the parents take any responsibility here??, both parents not working and seven kids!!!.
                    We have a culture of entitlement where someone else is expected to pick up the tab.

Comment

Yeah i agree extremely hard on the children but do the parents take any responsibility here??, both parents not working and seven kids!!!.
                      We have a culture of entitlement where someone else is expected to pick up the tab.
                      From your perspective, we have that culture. I don't really know how you could say that with a straight face when there are kids sleeping on benches in a garda station in their school uniforms, but it's certainly a viewpoint a lot of people have. And certainly there are a lot of people like yourself who will make assumptions about the mother's circumstances and for some reason THAT'S their main concern.

Comment

From your perspective, we have that culture. I don't really know how you could say that with a straight face when there are kids sleeping on benches in a garda station in their school uniforms, but it's certainly a viewpoint a lot of people have. And certainly there are a lot of people like yourself who will make assumptions about the mother's circumstances and for some reason THAT'S their main concern.
                        I really shouldn't engage...but the first thing to be done is ensure the children's safety. The next thing is to ask why they are in that position and questioning the parents who are primary carers of these children is valid. After the safety of the children the mother and father's circumstances are the main concern. Given that this is a rugby forum and I doubt many here are in children's' services then am not sure why anybody would be surprised if people focus on the 'why'. These issues are complex. And just using them to score political points won't help anyone.

Comment

With all respect you are ignoring the duty of care of those parents. I totally agree with Zeno when he says this is being used as a political football for all the wrong reasons.
                          Last edited by rua13; 10th-August-2018, 14:29.

Comment

With all respect you are ignoring the duty of care of those parents. I totally agree with Zeno when he says this is being used as a political football for all the wrong reasons.
                            How am I ignoring the duty of care of parents? I'm not the one speaking authoritatively about people's lives when I don't know their circumstances.

Comment

How am I ignoring the duty of care of parents? I'm not the one speaking authoritatively about people's lives when I don't know their circumstances.
                              Neither do i. But what is very apparent is neither parent works and they have seven kids. Do the maths.

Comment

Neither do i. But what is very apparent is neither parent works and they have seven kids. Do the maths.
                                What maths? You're not making any sense. You're clearly trying to make a point but are trying desperately hard not to come out and say it.

Comment

Working...
                                X