Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cork Vs Limerick Part 3,144,121,115

Originally posted by Tullig Red View Post
    Valentines night, Ireland v France and Cork v Kilkenny on in Pairc Ui Rinn @ 7.30pm as well so hard to see a decent attendance.
    As the game is not on Sky what is the reasoning on having this game on a Saturday night?
    3 fine excuses for a bad Cork attendance...
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
    Should be a full house assuming some limerick boys make the trip down...

Comment

Not quite on a par with the ones about biblical weather in Charleville mind. . . . . .

Comment

It's as simple as this, if fans travel to this game, like they do Limerick, there shouldn't be an issue with attendance, if the same effort is made that is usually made week in week out, from all areas, Cork included, it should be well attended, that shouldn't change just because it's in a different county.
        The attendance of this fixture doesn't rely on only the Cork based supporters. Same way the Limerick matches aren't reliant on Limerick supporters.

If it doesn't fill, well there's blame to go around for everyone, including the ridiculous organisation of this fixture.
        Last edited by Stringer9; 11th-February-2015, 19:20.
        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
          It's as simple as this, if fans travel to this game, like they do Limerick, there shouldn't be an issue with attendance, if the same effort is made that is usually made week in week out, from all areas, Cork included, it should be well attended, that shouldn't change just because it's in a different county.
          The attendance of this fixture doesn't rely on only the Cork based supporters. Same way the Limerick matches aren't reliant on Limerick supporters.

If it doesn't fill, well there's blame to go around for everyone, including the ridiculous organisation of this fixture.
          Ah now. Ireland international beforehand, a game in paic ui rinn also. Of course attendance is going to suffer.

Comment

Also factor in the game is on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
              Ah now. Ireland international beforehand, a game in paic ui rinn also. Of course attendance is going to suffer.
              Of course they are, it's absolutely ridiculously organisation, but I know what the reaction will be and has been from some that will put the blame of poor attendance in Cork on Cork supporters.

It's absolute stupidity, it's a poor league match against a weak side, with a second string team.
              It's infuriating.

It's running very close to the afternoon kick off of the Ireland France game, if people aren't attending the Irish match, many will be happy to sit at home/in the pub and watch the couple of games back to back with a session, instead of going to a poor league game.
              It's at the same time as the first hurling game of the league against Kilkenny.
              A lot of people would rather see Cork against Kilkenny in the first game of the league, than Munster with a second string team against Cardiff.

I imagine it's going to effect massively on the attendance. But automatically people like to blame a poor attendance of Cork games at the feet of Cork fans.
              Munster want to grow the game, they want to get people through the gates, then they need to start by stop pissing around with the Cork public and expecting to be happy with a handful of measly ****ty fixtures, and expect us to be grateful.
              If this was a good fixture there would be a lot more people willing to go to the Munster match instead of the Kilkenny game, however it is not, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't well attended.

It's incredibly poorly organised and borders on stupidity but I wouldn't expect anything else for a game in Musgrave.
              Last edited by Stringer9; 11th-February-2015, 20:15.

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

Comment

Of course they are, it's absolutely ridiculously organisation, but some like to put the blame of poor attendance in Cork on Cork supporters.

It's absolute stupidity, it's a poor league match against a weak side, with a second string team.
                They continue to dump chronic fixtures to Cork. It's infuriating.

It's running very close to the afternoon kick off of the Ireland France game
                and the same time as the first hurling game of the league against Kilkenny.
                A lot of people would rather see Cork against Kilkenny than Munster with a second string team against Cardiff.

I imagine it's going to effect massively on the attendance. But this **** of excuses for bad Cork attendances, like the blame lies with Cork supporters.
                They want to grow the game, they want to get people through the gates, then they need to start by stop pissing around with the Cork public and expecting to be happy with a handful of measly ****ty fixtures, and expect us to be grateful.
                If this was a good fixture there would be a lot more people willing to go to the Munster match instead of the Kilkenny game, however it is not.

It's incredibly poorly organised and borders on stupidity but I wouldn't expect anything else for a game in Musgrave.
                Oh ffs, the only part of scheduling this game that had anything to do with munster rugby was the venue. The ground was only ready last week ,so out of the 5 remaining home games, 4 were Scheduled for Cork, the only change could be swopping this game for Connacht and playing Cardiff in Thomond. Munster don,t schedule any of.... 6nations games, GAA games, or timing or date of the game. That is done by celtic rugby with huge influence from broadcasters.

Comment

Oh ffs, the only part of scheduling this game that had anything to do with munster rugby was the venue. The ground was only ready last week ,so out of the 5 remaining home games, 4 were Scheduled for Cork, the only change could be swopping this game for Connacht and playing Cardiff in Thomond. Munster don,t schedule any of.... 6nations games, GAA games, or timing or date of the game. That is done by celtic rugby with huge influence from broadcasters.
                  Never did I blame the fixture scheduling on Munster. I said it was ridiculous, but never did I blame Munster.
                  They are however responsible for the games that are put in Cork and again they are poor fixtures.
                  A better fixture would get in more of a crowd, but surprise surprise.
                  Last edited by Stringer9; 11th-February-2015, 20:35.

Comment

They are, however, dicking us from pillar to post and back again, Keyop. We need to be more vocal about that.
                    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                      They are, however, dicking us from pillar to post and back again, Keyop. We need to be more vocal about that.
                      Who is dicking you from pillar to post?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
                        Also factor in the game is on TV.
                        Both games is on Tellayyy!! two blues need a bating

#getyerbeersinthefridge
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Never did I blame the fixture scheduling on Munster. I said it was ridiculous, but never did I blame Munster.
                          They are responsible for the games that are put in Cork and again they are poor fixtures.
                          Jesus christ. Do you not understand why you have the games ye have in Cork ,this season?....Also, economics will dictate that the games that will have more chance of getting more than the capacity of Musgrave will be in Thomond. Now, should a representative fixture say v someone like Fiji etc ever come about, I believe that should go to Cork as Should a minimum of 1 preseason game, there should be no preseason game in Thomond again

Comment

and the competition they're running which might have encouraged me to book flights at this late stage is only open to Rep of Ire residents!!!!!!!!!! WTF? No rooms available at The Maryborough and my new high travel ins costs (blood pressure) putting me off.
                            PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Jesus christ. Do you not understand why you have the games ye have in Cork ,this season?....Also, economics will dictate that the games that will have more chance of getting more than the capacity of Musgrave will be in Thomond. Now, should a representative fixture say v someone like Fiji etc ever come about, I believe that should go to Cork as Should a minimum of 1 preseason game, there should be no preseason game in Thomond again
                              I understand the fixtures this year, but they are no different to every other season. Poor teams or/and our second string team.
                              Every season.

Yes economic wise, it makes mores sense to have more popular games in Limerick. But it's four measly games, and it'd go a long way. I'm not asking for a Munster Leinster game, but something better than we've been getting.

Cork is a massive county and Munster rugby is barely scratching the surface, but even the Cork footballers fail to grasp the imagination of the fans at times, so 4 poor league games aren't going to bring in the fans outside of the dedicated core. If you want to get people in and interested you have to invest a little, and maybe that could involve taking a hit financially, even just one strong fixture.
                              The numbers are there, but a little hard work could go a long way, and the same goes for other counties as well.

If they are happy to just throw crap games at us each season and expect us to be grateful, fine, that's they're choice, but they'll get back what they give and they'll gain very little from it.
                              Last edited by Stringer9; 11th-February-2015, 21:18.

Comment

Working...
                              X