No announcement yet.

Paul Murphy arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he got off, hopefully he'll learn a lesson that you can't act like a cu*t and claim peaceful protest but more than likely he'll see it as vindication.
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

If being a **** was illegal most of this forum would be in the clink.
      clowns

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
        Well he got off, hopefully he'll learn a lesson that you can't act like a cu*t and claim peaceful protest but more than likely he'll see it as vindication.
        It is a conspiracy by the guards.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
          It is a conspiracy by the guards.
          Denis O'Brien was behind it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Well guards did tell lies in court, thats perjury.

What a pity noirin, her minions and the DPP didnt invest as much energy securing the conviction of seanie fitz as they did trying to wrongfully convict protesters.

Comment

So the guards were equally as incompetent with Seanie as they were with your pals. Sure that's equality.

Comment

Well that was a total waste of tax payers money. Would I be right to be thinking that 180 guards testified and their testimony was found to be "incorrect"? Allegedly.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Now he wants an enquiry which will cost more money and time
                  "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                    Well that was a total waste of tax payers money. Would I be right to be thinking that 180 guards testified and their testimony was found to be "incorrect"? Allegedly.
                    360 if you use breathe test mathematics
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

No idea but the Judge made stern comments where there were serious questions asked about the manner in which the Investigation was conducted on the day of their arrests.

The whole thing smacks of an investigation being run by Officers looking to impress Politicians.....who of course until just very recently are the ones who promote these Officers.

I have no clue about the trial itself, myself. Paid no attention to it bar reading about some of the judgement
                      Last edited by Corcíoch; 30-June-2017, 08:05.

Comment

The charges set by the DPP seemed from the outset to be excessive especially when it's a jury of one's peers that needed to be convinced. The case is an embarrassment to the state and given those who engage in anti social behaviour a boost. Surely there were more appropriate public order offences they could of been charged with and surely gardai could have got her out of the protest in a more efficient manner.

Haven't heard garda evidence in it but Brutons secretary's testimony where she said how terrifying it was and never experienced anything like it and was then rebuked by the defence showing clips of her joking and laughing during it and admitting that she herself took part in shell to sea, undermined the whole charges.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                          So the guards were equally as incompetent with Seanie as they were with your pals. Sure that's equality.
                          Seanie's case was mucked up by the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement not the gardaí and he was acquitted by a judge not a jury. In this case, a jury decided there was nothing to the charges (lesser public order offences might have stuck) contrast this to the poor young fella in the Children's Court convicted by a judge although at least he only got the probation act rather than a criminal record.
                          Dublin Northeast FF free since Feb 27th 2011

Comment

He'll be like Joan of Arc now claiming martyrdom notwithstanding his defence claimed he was only trying to stop people incarcerating Burton in the car thus attempting to save his own skin and hanging de wurkers out to dry.

Last edited by B.A.; 30-June-2017, 09:59.

Comment

I was a juror in a substantial case 2 years ago, it was shocking how poor the Gardai's reports and testimony were. Our incident reports at work would far outstrip theirs and we aren't trying to put armed criminals in jail for 15 years.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                                He'll be like Joan of Arc now claiming martyrdom notwithstanding his defence claimed he was only trying to stop people incarcerating Burton in the car thus attempting to save his own skin and hanging de wurkers out to dry.

Well BA the establishment handed him that "martydom" so good luck to him. BTW he was found not guilty or do you not accept the findings of a jury who listened to the whole case?
                                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                                X