Paul Murphy arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
    Did you seriously attempt to liken the suffragette movement and Padraic Pearse to this individual??

Really.
    It's all extra parliamentary political action comrade, and for causes of which I approve, universal suffrage, Irish independence and the abolition of Irish Water and their army of suited scroungers, consultants and money grubbing outriders.
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
      No. Not at all. If Joan Burton thinks she's immune from people's anger she's mistaken. That's what public life is all about. Ask her to justify her bloated salary while cutting the income of working single parents by as much as 40% and she'll tell you that it''s a very tough job, unpopular, hard choices... blah blah. If she doesn't want to make those decisions then she is free to oppose them as is Paul whatsisname

If people did not protest on the streets then none of us would even have a vote.
      You have completely avoided my point. It is ok to have an opposing POV. It is not ok to trap a woman in her car for 2 hours and incite a mob to shout abuse at her and now, f*ck him, he's reaping the whirlwind.

Edit: maybe you're just wumming, I hope you are for your own sake.
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

It's all extra parliamentary political action comrade, and for causes of which I approve, universal suffrage, Irish independence and the abolition of Irish Water and their army of suited scroungers, consultants and money grubbing outriders.
        The majority of the protests have been well organised and peaceful. This however was not.
        He deserves to be charged with some level of public order offence.

I am actually surprised that the Right To Water movement, haven't pushed him aside.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
          Some solicitor you are.
          But I was right
          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

When you see sentences like that you know the poster is trolling.

Actually, when you see sentences like that you really hope that the poster is trolling . . . . . .

Comment

No such thing as bad advertising,Murphy will be rubbing his hands with glee,
              the anti water protest needs a high profile martyr of sorts.
              And just as the protests were losing coverage on mainstream and social media.
              clowns

Comment

I got my 6 monthly water services bill in the post this morning; same as I have every six months for the past 8 years.

Hearing of the arrests cheered me up a little as I would have been disgusted if that particular episode had been let lie. I look forward to the DPPs decision in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavy View Post
                  I got my 6 monthly water services bill in the post this morning; same as I have every six months for the past 8 years.

Hearing of the arrests cheered me up a little as I would have been disgusted if that particular episode had been let lie. I look forward to the DPPs decision in the matter.
                  Yep, just emptied a bag of softening salt into my filter, €8 a bag, and we go through one bag a month.

Comment

Comment

Sure wont ye all get 100 euro next year regardless,
                      clowns

Comment

The Jobstown 4 apparently. Dear God. I wonder did they smear their feces on the walls in protest?
                        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                          Sure wont ye all get 100 euro next year regardless,
                          Yep, a rebate of around 1% on my outlay.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                            The Jobstown 4 apparently. Dear God. I wonder did they smear their feces on the walls in protest?
                            He is on hunger strike til 7 !

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                              He is on hunger strike til 7 !
                              And then off to dinner in Chapter One.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavy View Post

I pay for my own water.

It doesn't stop me being angry at the cronyism and corruption that Irish Water represents, almost €1bn spent already lining the pockets of the people who really should be on jail. All all to be recouped from the same people paying down the bankers' debt. All done, not only without a mandate, but by two parties who explicitly opposed water charges.

You guys think that's acceptable use of your taxes (assuming you pay any)?

As for Joan Burton, if she can't take the heat then she shouldn't pocket the salary and mega expenses not far shy of €400k since the election along with her buddies on fat annual salaries liker her Chief of Staff Ed Brophy on €144,550; her Economic Adviser Terry Quinn on €114,425; her Deputy Government Press Secretary Paul O'Brien on €93,297;her Special Adviser Karen O'Connell on €81,080; and her Special Adviser Claire Power on €81,080. That's over €500k pa.

It'd be fitter for Joan Burton to go live in Jobstown for a few weeks and sample how the rest of us have to live, and not have her cronies whinging non stop to the cops - about 20 of whom stood and watched this "heinous crime" being committed and clearly thought nothing of it.

There's crimes aplenty in this country but protesting against a govt minister on the street isn't anywhere near the top of the list.
                                Last edited by rathbaner; 9th-February-2015, 18:37.
                                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X