Air miles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air miles

Quick question folks. Have gone onto both BA and Aer Lingus websites and to say that they are unhelpful would be kind to both of them!

I have a BA Executive Club card, but only Blue level as I haven't used BA for ages.

I fly quite a bit and got so fed up of RyanAir that I switched to AL where possible, for all flights I try last year or so, so I decided to apply for Gold Circle. Now you have to amass a certain number of points in a year to even get membership of Gold Circle but I'm half way there.

I am flying for work to India soon business class (best part of the whole trip but that's another story!). The client booked me on BA.

I wanted to used my AL Gold Circle number to bump up the points so that I can get the full membership. According to the AL website you can claim points on BA flights but I can't get any info on HOW many points I'll get.

I suppose what I'm trying to decide on should I register the flight on AL or BA for best results re air miles...

Sorry so rambly...
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

I don't think you can get Aer Lingus points on a BA flight....if you do manage it please let me know!

Comment

According to this you can:

http://www.aerlingus.com/goldcircle/...rtnerairlines/

What I don't know is how many or whether it's worth my while or not.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

any good?
        http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights
        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondRowGal View Post
          Quick question folks. Have gone onto both BA and Aer Lingus websites and to say that they are unhelpful would be kind to both of them!

I have a BA Executive Club card, but only Blue level as I haven't used BA for ages.

I fly quite a bit and got so fed up of RyanAir that I switched to AL where possible, for all flights I try last year or so, so I decided to apply for Gold Circle. Now you have to amass a certain number of points in a year to even get membership of Gold Circle but I'm half way there.

I am flying for work to India soon business class (best part of the whole trip but that's another story!). The client booked me on BA.

I wanted to used my AL Gold Circle number to bump up the points so that I can get the full membership. According to the AL website you can claim points on BA flights but I can't get any info on HOW many points I'll get.

I suppose what I'm trying to decide on should I register the flight on AL or BA for best results re air miles...

Sorry so rambly...
          as far as I know they only give points for code share flights. Ring the Gold Circle office on Monday to check. PM me if you need their number
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I know you can get etihad guest miles on AL codeshare so I presume this is reciprocated? Etihad to Delhi via AUH is an option I use to India. Etihad business, imo, is unbeatable.
            So I walked as day was dawning
            Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
            Where we once watched the row boats landing
            By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

I travel quite a bit... Enough to have done some homework on the various programs. AL leaving one world alliance was the most annoying thing they did.

You will get points but because AL is a partner airline rather than part of the one world alliance it is a token amount.

The other thing... As far as I recall... Points earned on other airlines don't count for the tiers on gold circle. So they don't move you to the next level.

Much better using the BA card in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                I know you can get etihad guest miles on AL codeshare so I presume this is reciprocated? Etihad to Delhi via AUH is an option I use to India. Etihad business, imo, is unbeatable.
                eithiad business class fantastic, but Qatar is head and shoulders above rest.
                Use your BA card, get your full miles, AL will just mess you around
                psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

Treatycity. I remember you talking about Ethiopian airlines. They are running a dreamliner direct from Dublin to Addis Ababa from June I think. Although I hate night flights the service looks useful to me if you want to get to a myriad of other African destinations. I'm interested in Tanzania for example. .JRO to be exact. Their business seems reasonably priced however is it necessary to upgrade from economy in the new dreamliner? What's your experience?
                  So I walked as day was dawning
                  Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                  Where we once watched the row boats landing
                  By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

Originally posted by SecondRowGal View Post

Sorry so rambly...
                    Flyer talk is quite authoritative on these things. Gold circle is ok for lounge access and early boarding (and that can be very welcome sometimes) but you only get real benefits - free upgrades etc. when on top tier. As far as I know the points earned on other airlines do count for tier advancement. Certainly in my case they did. If you can confirm this then that might be the way to go.

Comment

Irish Air Corps secret weapon
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Thanks lads.

I wanted to use Ethiad but the client was booking the flights so I'd no real choice. Very annoyed about it because BA flight times are ****e in comparison to Ethiad and I'm also flying Ethiad very soon again, business to Oz so points would have been good.

Comment

Working...
                        X