Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
    go to settings -> Music

you need to turn off either/both of "Show Apple Music" and "icloud music Library" if they are on and you should be able to manage your phone regularly and the app will remove some of the buttons you no longer need.

as for transferring all your music anything youve burnt from cd or imported from elsewhere can probably be moved to another platform but stuff you downloaded from itunes im not so sure (but i just played one with windows media player so maybe you can)

NB
    If you have taken the free trial option in the music app make sure you turn off the autorenew in your profile
    Thank you for the help HR; sadly my precious Genre option is still missing (what can I say, sometimes I want to hear Tammy Wynette, sometimes MC Solaar).

Comment

Speaking of iTunes, I lost several of my playlists on my PC last week for no particular reason, although they were still on my iPod. Also, iTunes lost the links to where several (i.e. loads of) tracks in my iTunes music folder were - it said they didn't exist! Which means that when I tried exporting the playlists back to the PC, iTunes couldn't recreate the full playlists because it couldn't find load of music because of the lost links. What a mess.

I fixed it the hard way. Printing out the playlists in list format; rebuilding the links on the PC, then adding the missing tracks to my "new playlists". Then syncing again. Only then was I ready to do any normal editing or make additions to the playlists.

Did I cause any of this?
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Itunes is a pain in the hole

Originally posted by LondonMunster View Post
        I hate the new itunes app.

Am I correct in thinking that anything I have on itunes is stuck on itunes and I can't transfer the music onto any other platform?

You should be able to reformat your songs into MP3 files and make copies. I used to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204310
        Last edited by Sulla; 21-July-2015, 18:18.
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

After freezing up several times, not streaming music, trying to purchase a song I already owned I restarted phone and magically all my playlists have appeared
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Don't want to start a new thread, but I am wondering if there are any Apple employees posting on the site here. If so, could someone send me a PM please?
            "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in.
            I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.
            A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me?
            No! I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I set up a netgear duo nas drive..backed up my itunes onto it and can now play directly to sonos speakers.Took quite a while..I thought it wasnt working but the issue was ut was indexing...and I had sonething like 23days of music to index.
              Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

iTunes having a bit of bother...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/technow...ay-399804.html

For the last number of weeks serious complains about Apple Music have been popping up online. It seems some users have been experiencing their files being deleted from their hard drives, and in some cases this even includes original compositions.

Apple itself hasn't had anything to say on the matter up to now but the tech giant is finally admitting that there might be an issue with the way the software is working.

A statement to iMore reads:

"In an extremely small number of cases users have reported that music files saved on their computer were removed without their permission. We're taking these reports seriously as we know how important music is to our customers and our teams are focused on identifying the cause. We have not been able to reproduce this issue, however, we're releasing an update to iTunes early next week which includes additional safeguards. If a user experiences this issue they should contact AppleCare."

At the moment, iTunes works to scan your files and will sync them to the cloud and, in some cases, delete the originals. That's obviously not a great way to operate, especially when dealing with musicians who don't want their own material available to Apple's servers.

It's a bit of a concern that Apple can't replicate the issue themselves, which might make a proper fix difficult to pull off. We'll have more news soon.
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                X