Consumer Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consumer Advice

Got new windows/front door in last April. Noticed leak in small window in front porch in Oct so rang company. Took about 4 weeks before I got a call back. Guy apparently left to manage a new business but the other fella that fitted the windows had taken over and was looking after the old customers. Another nearly 2 months of tryiy to make contact. Wife of previous owner claimed she told new owner who would look after the leak. Today, after finally getting through to who I assume is wife of new owner, we were told there was no agreement for him to take over old business and she doesn't know what he could do. He is still to get back to me.

As the citizens advice centre is closed until 7 tonight I am referring to the knowledgeable MR community...I don't have any come back really, do I?
    "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Should also have said with the weather the way it is the leak is bigger

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

I'd imagine you've plenty of comeback Elle.

Do you have paperwork relating to the sale and installation? If so check if the suppliers/installers are still registered and trading.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Phone and fax have been disdisconnected. Show room/office not open.

Comment

Quote does say 10 year guarantee windows and frames so that is a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellethebod View Post
            Got new windows/front door in last April. Noticed leak in small window in front porch in Oct so rang company. Took about 4 weeks before I got a call back. Guy apparently left to manage a new business but the other fella that fitted the windows had taken over and was looking after the old customers. Another nearly 2 months of tryiy to make contact. Wife of previous owner claimed she told new owner who would look after the leak. Today, after finally getting through to who I assume is wife of new owner, we were told there was no agreement for him to take over old business and she doesn't know what he could do. He is still to get back to me.

As the citizens advice centre is closed until 7 tonight I am referring to the knowledgeable MR community...I don't have any come back really, do I?

Who were you doing business with? Was it a limited company, a registered business name or a partnership/sole trader? It should be on the quotation/invoice.

Comment

Yeah but is that company still trading? Run a search on the company and it's directors.

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                Yeah but is that company still trading? Run a search on the company and it's directors.
                Yip. If the company has stopped trading then the 10 year guarantee is worth nothing.

Unless it was a ten year manufacturing guarantee from the window makers, in which case contact the manufacturing co. It is then their responsibility to get someone to fix it.
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

idevelopments in Nenagh. Didn't say anything on it about a manufacturers guarantee.

Comment

Here's what I found online:
                    Mrt Idevelopments Limited

Updated: 12 hours ago99 ViewsADD MY COMPANY DETAILSTWEET 0SHARE
                    Summary

Mrt Idevelopments Limited was set up on Thu the 11th of Mar 2010 in Co Tipperary. Their current status is Normal. The company's current directors Tom Hogan and Michael Cleere have been the director of 3 other Irish companies between them; 1 of which is now closed. Mrt Idevelopments Limited has 2 shareholders

Comment

Their website suggests a connection with the North Tipp Enterprise Board. I'd be putting a call through to them tomorrow if I were you.

Comment

Ya. Clonmel citizen advice office isn't answering (they said they were open tonight until 9)

Comment

Last accounts filed were to December 2013. At that stage they had shareholders funds of just under €128,000 and had cash at bank of €89,984. The company was profitable in 2012 and 2013.

They should be well capable of standing over any guarantee they gave.

Comment

Never mind Citizens Advice. The Enterprise Board have real teeth.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X