Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another airliner gone missing in Asia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Another airliner gone missing in Asia

    162 people on board. Lost contact with ATC in Indonesia a few hours ago. Apparently by now it will have exhausted its fuel reserves.

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...a-to-singapore
    Tis but a scratch.

    #2
    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    162 people on board. Lost contact with ATC in Indonesia a few hours ago. Apparently by now it will have exhausted its fuel reserves.

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...a-to-singapore
    Apparently the last radio contact was asking for an alternative route,because of bad weather.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

    Comment


      #3
      23 ' no shows' according to the flight manifest. They myst be counting their blessings.
      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

      Comment


        #4
        They asked for a route or altitude change due to lightening in the area.

        While it is still the safest mode of transport, there is just something unnerving about plane crashes.

        I had an old FAS instructor who told us about a US flight he was on that dropped 10,000 feet before the captain regained controlled.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by kermit
          A Chinese forum has a post warning Chinese citizens not to travel Air Asia as something would happen akin to Malaysian Airlines. The post was made 15 days ago.
          How or where did you hear this?

          Comment


            #6
            Bloated bodies found in the sea near the last reported location of the plane.
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

            Comment


              #7
              Christ what dark corners of the internet do you visit to find such forums???
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by kermit
                The Daily Mail :-)
                Dark enough
                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

                Comment


                  #9
                  Suggestions are that the plane may have stalled after losing too much speed whilst climbing to get away from bad weather.

                  p.s. and yes ustix I realise that's wholly speculative.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                    Suggestions are that the plane may have stalled after losing too much speed whilst climbing to get away from bad weather.

                    p.s. and yes ustix I realise that's wholly speculative.
                    The Air France flight that crashed in the Atlantic a few years ago also encountered bad weather which temporarily affected the airspeed and altitude indicators. The pilots' mishandling of the resulting situation brought the plane down by,as you said,causing it to stall. Sounds like people are already trying to draw parallels. Time will tell.

                    23 no shows seems like a lot. Hope the luggage was properly supervised. Black box and cockpit should be relatively easier to find than the AF flight.
                    Last edited by Arthur Guinness; 30th-December-2014, 14:48.
                    The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      so the daily mail post some nonsense trying to stir up rumours and you post it here?
                      well done.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post
                        The Air France flight that crashed in the Atlantic a few years ago also encountered bad weather which temporarily affected the airspeed and altitude indicators. The pilots' mishandling of the resulting situation brought the plane down by,as you said,causing it to stall. Sounds like people are already trying to draw parallels. Time will tell.

                        23 no shows seems like a lot. Hope the luggage was properly supervised. Black box and cockpit should be relatively easier to find than the AF flight.
                        Much easier I reckon. Sea depth at the crash site is c.150ft. AF 447 was recovered from 13,000ft down!
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Can you read Chinese? That could be the knitting thread for all we know!
                          "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

                          Comment


                            #14
                            When I saw it I thought to myself, "Is there no end to this man's skills"...
                            If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by kermit
                              I didn't write the post on a Chinese forum 2 weeks ago. Wind your neck in.
                              never said you did. The fact you regurgitated unsubstantiated horsecrap from the daily mail is bad enough.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X