Panto! Oh yes it is!!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panto! Oh yes it is!!?

I'm making this post for BooBoo more than anyone, the best panto by a long shot is the Helix one, I've paid a small fortune to see various different pantos around dubland, but the helix is half the price and in another league. I grew up with Danny La Rue and Tony Kenny in my pantos, so I know my stuff. If you can get tickets go for it its magic, and so good, tears of joy, happiness , fart tears (it's a thing once you see this) bestest ever Panto ever ever!!!
    "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

I went to panto once about 11 years ago.My Sister home for Christmas with 4yr old daughter,wanted to take her to panto.Tickets were arranged,but my Mother made me take them.
    I can only say the whole thing was more reminicent of the Gremlins at the cinema,than anything I have experienced.Kids were,screaming,screeching,crying,shouting to go to loos,demanding food,sweets,climbing over the chairs.Ok the older ones seemed to be engaged and interacting with the actors,it was sheer madness all over the theatre.
    And I looked to see what our one was doing...upside down on her chair waving legs in the air.
    The auditorium was not full of children but creatures.
    My sister loved it, there is this thing mothers have with their kids where everything is normal.
    Admittedly I think our creature was a little too young,especially as her first language is French.
    The next year I refused totally to go.Nothing my Mother could do to entice me.
    Gremlins😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

super! I must book it. Wow, Danny la Rue now he was fabulous and fabulous costumes too!
      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
        super! I must book it. Wow, Danny la Rue now he was fabulous and fabulous costumes too!
        And very very rude!
        Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

there's just no point in going to a panto if you're not going to put your rational self aside temporarily and do all the roaring & shouting - you should be good at that Pixie, kinda like going to a match .....mind you, it's usually only the players who are on their backs with their legs in the air, and as for the French shriekers, that's usually M'sieur Poite

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post
            there's just no point in going to a panto if you're not going to put your rational self aside temporarily and do all the roaring & shouting - you should be good at that Pixie, kinda like going to a match .....mind you, it's usually only the players who are on their backs with their legs in the air, and as for the French shriekers, that's usually M'sieur Poite
            It was the total chaos,I wasn't expecting.I spent as much time watching the. " audience," as the panto itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              It was the total chaos,I wasn't expecting.I spent as much time watching the. " audience," as the panto itself.
              Now you get it!
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

oh no she doesn't !

Comment

He's behind you

Comment

pooh it's booked out will try later in January.
                    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Boooooo

Comment

Do try again it's well worth it. Don't worry I'll remind you in time for next year if you don't get tickets, the same company put it on every year, no big stars just fantastic entertainment and a bit of total mental anarchy.
                        "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

Personally. I'd prefer to shove spikes in my eyes than go to a panto. Even my two 10-12 year olds hated it.
                          If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

A few friends of mine are heavily involved in the Limerick Panto Society, this season marks their 30th production. This year's Panto is Cinderella, starring Emma O'Driscoll and runs in the Limetree Theatre, Limerick.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
                              A few friends of mine are heavily involved in the Limerick Panto Society, this season marks their 30th production. This year's Panto is Cinderella, starring Emma O'Driscoll and runs in the Limetree Theatre, Limerick.
                              I thread the boards with them myself Paddy, back in the early days. Damn, I'm old

A great bunch. Saw the producer Tony Cusack in the East Terrace at the Clermont game. Support your local panto folks.

My youngest is now in the one in Waterford, the circle of life
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X