Keoghs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keoghs

Went to Keoghs (off Grafton St) last Friday after work for a couple of pints and have to stay the two lads behind the bar upstairs were pig ignorant. As its such a busy place lost custom wouldn't be an issue but the two lads were on a mission to drive business away. Funnily enough they managed to perk up anytime a female customer went to order. Its a pity as its usually a great spot in downstairs in the main bar for a few pints..

Originally posted by rua13 View Post
    Went to Keoghs (off Grafton St) last Friday after work for a couple of pints and have to stay the two lads behind the bar upstairs were pig ignorant. As its such a busy place lost custom wouldn't be an issue but the two lads were on a mission to drive business away. Funnily enough they managed to perk up anytime a female customer went to order. Its a pity as its usually a great spot in downstairs in the main bar for a few pints..
    Largely a self absorbed ****-hole in my view. If you're not leinster rugby - don;t apply.
    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

I think you'll find it's called 'Kehoe's', only in there the odd time but never had an issue -maybe you caught them on a bad night?
      Dublin Northeast FF free since Feb 27th 2011

Comment

Very strange that this place keeps cropping up in my life in the last week - only heard of the place last Wednesday when I was in there before dinner but apparently it's a massive place on the weekends.

Then it seems that half the people I've spoken to today were there in the last few days.

Sounds like a **** experience though - ignorant bar staff are some pain in the bollox!!
        "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Decent if slightly overrated Guinness. A good spot for street drinking in summer and somewhere to take a break if the missus is on a spree on Grafton Street.

Wouldn't normally be near it other than that.
          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by My2Cents View Post
            I think you'll find it's called 'Kehoe's', only in there the odd time but never had an issue -maybe you caught them on a bad night?
            That's the thing it was early on in the evening so you'd think no good reason to be so cranky.

Comment

I ended up there for a pint tonight. Pretty dead but it is Monday
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

How much is a pint there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                  Decent if slightly overrated Guinness. A good spot for street drinking in summer and somewhere to take a break if the missus is on a spree on Grafton Street.

Wouldn't normally be near it other than that.
                  all Guinness is overrated.
                  A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

Originally posted by 5eight View Post
                    all Guinness is overrated.
                    Not when you haven't had it in months.
                    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I thought this was about crisps...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Keoghs-crisps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	2484616
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                        How much is a pint there.
                        From memory I think it was a tenner for 2 pints. Don't think I got any change
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
                          Not when you haven't had it in months.
                          Can't agree. Used to spend months at a time in Saudi, never kankered for Guinness.
                          A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

Met Paul Wallace / Malcom O Kelly and Brent Pope (*cough* name dropping) after the Toulon Clermont final there.....
                            Pub staff downstairs were fine and helpful

I still like the place

And Malcolm turned out quite different from my own impression funny and quite a messer
                            "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by SkullinPints View Post
                              Met Paul Wallace / Malcom O Kelly and Brent Pope (*cough* name dropping) after the Toulon Clermont final there.....
                              Pub staff downstairs were fine and helpful

I still like the place

And Malcolm turned out quite different from my own impression funny and quite a messer
                              Lads down stairs are normally bang on but the two boys upstairs however were on serious ego trip. No big deal as ive had many the good night/day in there..

Comment

Working...
                              X