What music are you a snob about?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What music are you a snob about?

I reckon I've a pretty wide music appreciation. My last was slash, my next 2 are Imelda May and Royal Blood with Madame butterfly somewhere between. I love, LOVE, my musical. But, there's one musical genre that I just don't get, and it causes tension between myself and Mr. No Bother, " the ah for fupp sake the piano twilder" himself is a piano player and thinks, Elton, Joel,and yer man Parkie loves, are gods. So my question is? You've probably gathered, when do I introduce him to finbarr furey?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

I'm a snob about ****e music.
    I'm a snob about digital music. A load of 1s and 0s? **** that ****. Stax of wax.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
      I'm a snob about ****e music.
      I'm a snob about digital music. A load of 1s and 0s? **** that ****. Stax of wax.
      all music is 1s and 0s these days, and it always was when you break it down��
      Last edited by No Bother; 6th-December-2014, 01:29.

Comment

Country and f*cking western - especially as practiced by one man with a guitar and massively amplified backing track/drum machine combo that'll give you any time signature you want, 2/4 or 4/4. Frequently the main Saturday night attraction in the local hotel somewhere extremely rural, but especially in Mayo and Donegal.

Most of what was vastly popular for most of the 80s, from Spandau Ballet and Duran Duran to Kylie & Jason. C*nts.

Anything boyband-ish/grrlband-ish, or X factor-ish. Kill yourselves.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Any country and western except videos where I can see dolly partons top bollix. Any boy band especially those who point in the camera and put their other hand where their heart should be and proceed to look like a girl. Anything remotely to do with x factor (apart from the lush leggy and sexy jamelia) and any black fellow/white fellow trying to be a black fellow who is talking in a record (usually about "da hood" or a geyser unnaturally attracted to his mammy) are all immediately switched off. All xmas records make me ill especially jona lewie and slade and anything from the 1950's gets makes me wonder if people weren't subhuman in those early days in our evolution.
          So I walked as day was dawning
          Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
          Where we once watched the row boats landing
          By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

One direction annoy the **** out of me. I just want to punch most of their faces in
            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I was listening to Kenny Rogers on the way home.

Country snobs.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

The appallingly titled "dance music". Repetitive beats for people who don't like music, and who can't dance.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Beatbox !

Comment

anything related to X Factor...simpering fools and Vocal groups masquerading as Bands or having any individual talent....sob stories about being neglected and this being their one and only chance in life....add "the Voice" to that list as well.....a blot on the landscape of weekend viewing, voyeuristic car crash television of fools being exploited by entertainment industry mini moguls....

Comment

The one crowd I cannot stand at all is Westlife. I actually hate the b-stards. The sight or sound of them puts me into a bad mood if I am lucky and makes me feel ill if I am not so lucky.

Comment

The music you get in trendy shops like jack Jones is dreadful. Does this sh1t really make folk buy clothes?

You walk in blindly after seeing a shirt in the window that would've looked ok on you when you were 15, you hear the music, which as bb says is strangely called dance, and instantly realise you're actually not 15 anymore as everyone else is cool with getting their ears polluted and it seriously annoys you to the point where you say to the gorgeous shop assistant "how do ye put up with this all day" she looks at you like if you bought the shirt people in the real world would know you're having a mid life crisis. So tail between your legs you head for the menswear section in Dunnes.

Depressing
                        So I walked as day was dawning
                        Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                        Where we once watched the row boats landing
                        By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

Second Viennese School. That stuff sounds like a duck being dragged backwards through a jet engine imo. Could be just me though.
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Albums brought out for Mothers day, seriously, just cause I gave birth doesn't mean I crave a compilation of Lionel Richie, west life and Chris flippin' de Burgh.
                            Sometimes I wonder when I'm in my dotage in the care home, will it be seen as quaint when I play the music of my teenage years and attempt to pogo to smells like teen spirit. Will the younger generations view the violent femmes like I veiw big Tom and the main liners. Will the local church folk group come on a Sunday and perform dark side of the moon in its entirety.

Comment

Singer songwriters - w&nkers with acoustics singing mournfully about all the girls who didn't fancy them. Unless you're Leonard Cohen, I'm not interested
                              Marty in the Morning

Comment

Working...
                              X