TV Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Help

Apologies for starting a new thread but the search function is only throwing up
    connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
    . Mods feel free to merge this thread somewhere else if appropriate.

I have a Samsung tv and recently upgraded to a SKY HD box, since then I haven't been able to access the HDMI 2 & 3 ports. When I press source the usual Ext 1, 2 etc comes up along with HDMI 1 but HDMI 2 & 3 is shaded dark and not highlighted and so wont allow me to chose them, these worked before the Sky box upgrade. Has anybody got any ideas?
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Try connecting something to one of the hdmi 2 or 3 ports and see if it makes any difference.

Comment

I have samsung and mine are "greyed out " too but just they become available when u plug something into them

Comment

Yeah I tried that but to no avail, I had been using these ports before when running the laptop through the tv.
        "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

The new Sky HD box isn't using a new standard of HDMI, is it? Is the TV a smart tv and is it possible it has updated firmware issues?
          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

First thing is try a new cable. It's probably nothing to do with the sky box though.

I've a new LG smart TV and any HDMI socket that doesn't have a device connected to it is greyed out.
            I'd wager your TV got a firmware update. Is it on WiFi or hooked up to the internet?
            "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Unplug the skybox HDMI and try it in all the other HDMI ports. Then unplug the skybox from the telly and try plugging your laptop in to any port. Note whether ports are greyed out during any of these steps. This will at least isolate whether the problem is related to the skybox.

Edit: multiple input tests are also needed. Try to connect the skybox subsequent to connecting up the laptop. Also test some other HDMI device when the laptop is connected. If you have another device.
              Last edited by HenryFitz; 4th-December-2014, 09:36. Reason: Extra test

Comment

Cheers lads I'll have a look at those options when i get home this evening.

Comment

Working...
                X