Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Python" programming language

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    "Python" programming language

    Morning

    Looking for help with a college assignment

    I havent a clue about "Python" and am looking for someone to give me a start on an assignment..

    Yes I know I should be doing it myself but I really do not know where even to start..

    Any help would be gratefully appreciated

    Cheers

    #2
    Try code academy. [url]http://codeacademy.com[url]

    Comment


      #3
      Cheers Henry
      Kermit, PM sent

      Comment


        #4
        I would start with The Life of Brian, that's my favourite one ;)

        Comment


          #5
          Start doing a bit of unlambda.

          You'll be glad to ho back to Python ;-)
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

          Comment


            #6
            You must be very badly off if you're coming to Munsterfans for programming help. As HenryFitz linked to, CodeAcademy is very good and will walk you through learning the basics, good luck

            Comment


              #7
              Also, in case you haven't heard of it, Stack Overflow is extremely good for getting answers to individual issues you may get stuck on

              Comment


                #8
                Yep...and I havent a clue how to even start it...
                and yes I am very desperate

                Comment


                  #9
                  At what level of not knowing where to start are we talking about ... Is the project that hard or do you not even know how to compile hello world in Python?

                  I really think you need to talk to your classmates/lecturer on this rather than asking one of the software heads on here to walk you through it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Before you get too hung up on code, try and figure out what your overall solution will be from a high level. Use flow diagrams etc to see how each part of the solution hangs together. After you have identified these individual modules you can start breaking them down into smaller and more easily manageable problems. When you get to that stage you'll see that a lot of these issues will have already been encountered on places like stackoverflow as mentioned above. Don't be trying to solve the big picture with code or you'll be on a hiding to nothing, approach the task in a methodical way and you'll surprise yourself with what you can achieve.
                    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                      Before you get too hung up on code, try and figure out what your overall solution will be from a high level. Use flow diagrams etc to see how each part of the solution hangs together. After you have identified these individual modules you can start breaking them down into smaller and more easily manageable problems. When you get to that stage you'll see that a lot of these issues will have already been encountered on places like stackoverflow as mentioned above. Don't be trying to solve the big picture with code or you'll be on a hiding to nothing, approach the task in a methodical way and you'll surprise yourself with what you can achieve.
                      Cheers, i will try that...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Kerry-Exile View Post
                        At what level of not knowing where to start are we talking about ... Is the project that hard or do you not even know how to compile hello world in Python?

                        I really think you need to talk to your classmates/lecturer on this rather than asking one of the software heads on here to walk you through it.
                        I can do the basics but after that struggle... I am going to give it a crack again tonight and see if I can get my head around it...otherwise I will just pay someone to do it for me!!!!

                        cheers

                        Comment


                          #13
                          You'd be better off fessing up to your lecturer or tutor that you don't understand it IMHO

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by coolroe View Post
                            I can do the basics but after that struggle... I am going to give it a crack again tonight and see if I can get my head around it...otherwise I will just pay someone to do it for me!!!!

                            cheers
                            Yikes, look, you won't like this but if it's that bad you really need to go to your lecturer, get some help and have a stab at it yourself (maybe try to get a bit of an extension), not sure who you'd plan to pay to do it but be warned, I know for a fact most Uni's have plagiarism detection software and if they catch you out it could be a lot worse than failing a module. Your life, your call though...

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Lots of example code out there ..... google is your friend!
                              "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X