Byelections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byelections

Good crack in the Dublin South West byelection.

King, the Shinner topped the poll as expected but was only 748 votes ahead of Murphy of the Anti Austerity Alliance. Murphy has out transferred King on each of the subsequent six counts and is now only 291 behind.

The four remaining candidates are as follows:

Walsh SF 8017
    Murphy AAA 7726
    Keane FG 3857
    McMahon IND 3416

The quota is 12013, not that that matters too much. The way things are going, it'll be last man standing that will get in.

Over in Roscommon-South Leitrim, it's something similar. Connaughton of FF topped the poll as expected, 1,114 ahead of Ming's pal Fitzmaurice who has out-transferred him all the way and lies 771 behind after the fourth count.

Current standings:
    Connaughton FF 7846
    Fitzmaurice Turfcutters 7075
    Kenny SF 6447
    Hopkins FG 6075
    Mc Dermot IND 3468
    Kelly Lab 2144

The quota is 16,656 but, as above, it's purely academic.
    Last edited by Piquet; 11th-October-2014, 17:05. Reason: typo

As I was typing the above, Keane and McMahon were both eliminated in Dublin South West and their transfers put Murphy on 9565 to King's 8999. Murphy was elected without reaching the quota.

EDIT Interestingly ( to me, anyway) over 61% of the (FG and IND) votes on the last count were non-transferrable.
    Last edited by Piquet; 11th-October-2014, 16:49.

Comment

Distribution of McDermot's and Kelly's votes has put FitzMaurice in the lead on 9211 to Connaughton's 8863 with Hopkins (FG) on 7310 and Kenny (SF) on 7022. Kenny is next to go.

Comment

Shot in the kneecaps for the Shinners there in Dublin
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
          Distribution of McDermot's and Kelly's votes has put FitzMaurice in the lead on 9211 to Connaughton's 8863 with Hopkins (FG) on 7310 and Kenny (SF) on 7022. Kenny is next to go.
          I haven't been following the counts at all. But how have transfers to SF been today - any improvement for them over their general por transfer performance?
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
            I haven't been following the counts at all. But how have transfers to SF been today - any improvement for them over their general por transfer performance?
            Poor enough. In Dublin, King turned a First Count lead of 748 to a deficit of 566 over the seven counts in which transfers were distributed.

In those counts, 13,995 votes were available for transfer. Of these, 5499 (39%) were non transferrable and of the remaining 8496, King only got 1711 (12%).

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              Poor enough. In Dublin, King turned a First Count lead of 748 to a deficit of 566 over the seven counts in which transfers were distributed.

In those counts, 13,995 votes were available for transfer. Of these, 5499 (39%) were non transferrable and of the remaining 8496, King only got 1711 (12%).
              Thanks - still their Achilles heel - I think it's an Adams factor....
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

After six counts in Roscommon-South Leitrim, FitzMaurice leads on 11,722 with Connaughton on 10,083 and Hopkins on 8476. Hopkins will now be eliminated and her transfers will probably elect Fitzmaurice.

Comment

In Roscommon-South Leitrim, of the 9142 transfers, Kenny, the Shinner got 1116 or 12%.

Comment

Working...
                  X