No announcement yet.

Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are they Elle? I'll catch it on the iplayer during the week. Car SOS is a better motoring programme imho

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellethebod View Post
      New new Top Gear on now on the Beeb. My 3 fave presenters from Old new Top Gear are back. Am liking the new studio. A lot. There are 7 episodes. We shall see how it goes.
      The chatshow element is still just pure filler and lasts way, way too long. A lot of the efforts at being funny were just painful, like the so-called banter in "how to drive this Toyota" segment and a lot of the stuff in the studio. There had to have been a "LAUGHTER" sign flashing up every time they wanted a polite chuckle from the audience - it was that boring that I ended up skipping forward past most of it. The second half of the show with the trip to Kazakhstan was better though, so not an entire waste of time. Given a bit longer, they might develop into a more interesting/entertaining group of presenters now that the screeching overenthusiasm from Evans is gone. Eddie Jordan's gone too, isn't he? Good thing if so, as his involvement always seemed pretty pointless as well.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Ah rats, missed this.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
          Who are they Elle? I'll catch it on the iplayer during the week. Car SOS is a better motoring programme imho

Matt LeBlanc, Rory Reid and Chris Harris.

Agree with Chips on the chat show stuff but it didn't bother me enough to fast forward. The trip the 3 did was good.

LeBlanc does still go into Joey Tribianni mode but it still gets a giggle out of me so I'm happy. I think Harris' presenter bit in the studio was slightly forced but I'm sure he could settle in over time.

In the last episode of the last series there was a presenter challenge. These 3 were standing with each other at the end and the other 3 were in a group together. There seemed to be more chemistry between them and I am hoping that will make it work. Now the chemistry between LeBlanc and Tinnie Tempah in one of the challenges last season was even better but I doubt they'll have him on to host!
          "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Saw it this evening. Decent enough. Chris Evans nearly killed it.

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Fair play to Chris Evans, he was magnanimous enough on his radio show this morning. I am biased because Chris Harris has been a friend of mine for over thirty years, but I thought the show was entertaining, even if I am not a car person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just watched the first episode. Actually quite enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                  Just watched the first episode. Actually quite enjoyable.
                  The Kazakhstan film was good

Comment

It's back to it's best, focus on the cars, yet just enough presenter input for it to be enjoyable. Rather than try to ape what the previous apes did, they've gone back to basics. Liking it.

Meanwhile in a Boyzone plane crash type incident in, someones publicist tries for a bit of newsprint.
                    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-in-mozambique
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                      It's back to it's best, focus on the cars, yet just enough presenter input for it to be enjoyable. Rather than try to ape what the previous apes did, they've gone back to basics. Liking it.

Meanwhile in a Boyzone plane crash type incident in, someones publicist tries for a bit of newsprint.
                      https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-in-mozambique
                      "we don't do hospitals"🙄🙄🙄 attention seeking at its best/worst

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

I'm actually enjoying it TBH - last nights episode was pretty good. Don't take themselves too seriously either by the looks of it, it'll take some time for the chemistry between the hosts to really come out.
                        What some people don't realise is that the old top gear was heavily scripted as well but when from a motoring show to an entertainment show gradually and the cast grew into the part.
                        The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
                        Originally posted by joconnell
                        If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Yeah, I enjoyed that one a bit more. The Aston v Merc segment was entertaining without going too far off-piste, as was the Fiat 124 piece, while the Golf blatting around the Nurburgring was a real hoot - and it was all about the driving, no gimmickry. Still find the celebrity guest/talkshow stuff too long, so I skipped past the second half of that. Glad to see they've dropped the "Some say ..." nonsense about the Stig, which had become very tiresome a long time back. The reduced reliance on presenter ego is very welcome.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I can't believe I have been manually sliding back armrests, all these years like an ape...
                            [emoji1] [emoji106]

Great Aston segment..

Sent from my Oneplus 3 on Tapatalk, suckers...
                            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

LOVED tonight's episode. Tis like the Beeb were reading this and they brought back Tinie Tempah just for me hehe!
                              "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

The Bugatti looked amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X