Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Gear

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    It's ****in ****. I switched it off about 10 mins in. It couldn't be any more like Top Gear if it tried.
    I like Top Gear so yay!

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
      Great to see the real Top Gear return - under its new title 'The Grand Tour'. . . . . .for those of us who enjoy those 3 eejits.
      Is it still as heavily scripted as before complete with faux diddering and doddering and general imbecilic behaviour?

      Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by Viigand View Post
        I like Top Gear so yay!
        Entirely your bag so, once he got the stick out to show Americans how to describe car parts I gave up.

        It's a continuation of exactly the same thing they've done for the last decade.
        I am the million man.

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
          Is it still as heavily scripted as before complete with faux diddering and doddering and general imbecilic behaviour?

          Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
          Yes. Can't beat a bit of imbecilic behaviour.

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by Viigand View Post
            I don't think you can get Amazon Prime in Ireland.
            You can get it no problem but all you will get now is the free UK postage - which is good if you use Parcel Motel etc but hardly worth the yearly subscription unless you buy products by the truckload from Amazon.

            But I digress, Amazon TV etc will be available in 200 new Countries - including Ireland - come December. I am assuming Music etc will accompany it so by then Prime will be worth it - imo anyway.


            http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016...ow-in-ireland/
            Last edited by Corcíoch; 19-November-2016, 10:04.

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              It's ****in ****. I switched it off about 10 mins in. It couldn't be any more like Top Gear if it tried.
              I'm guessing you didn't like the old one either then
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                Yes. Can't beat a bit of imbecilic behaviour.
                It used to be a bit of fun but got very bored of it.

                Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

                Comment


                  #98
                  I'll have a look and advise......
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                    It used to be a bit of fun but got very bored of it.

                    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                    Its not for everyone and some of it is simply stupid.

                    I enjoy it however.

                    The 3 cars at the centre of the first episode are incredible pieces of engineering. They get huge access and up close to machines like these that other programs cannot match.

                    I've have also always quite enjoyed the "cinematography " or whatever you call it of Top Gear . .this new series seems just as good. Very enjoyable to watch. Very very well shot and put together.

                    Nice to see the Hothouse Flowers getting exposure on such a global platform too.
                    Last edited by Corcíoch; 19-November-2016, 14:38.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                      Its not for everyone and some of it is simply stupid.

                      I enjoy it however.

                      The 3 cars at the centre of the first episode are incredible pieces of engineering. I really enjoyed that.

                      I've always quite enjoyed the "cinematography " or whatever you call it of Top Gear . .this new series seems just as good. Very enjoyable to watch. Very very well shot and put together.

                      Nice to see the Hothouse Flowers getting exposure on such a global platform too.
                      Ah yeah a lot of it is harmless but I started to get turned off around the time they went to Sweden and "accidentally" set a house on fire with something that looked like a combine harvester. A lot of those specials were extremely staged but there is some entertainment buried in there somewhere

                      Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                        Ah yeah a lot of it is harmless but I started to get turned off around the time they went to Sweden and "accidentally" set a house on fire with something that looked like a combine harvester. A lot of those specials were extremely staged but there is some entertainment buried in there somewhere

                        Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                        Its safe to say you wouldn't have liked the new episode so . . . .that sorta stuff continued.

                        Comment


                          It's way more scripted than before

                          Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                          Stand up and fight

                          Comment


                            Saw it last night. Yes it's scripted, silly, and formulaic too.

                            I enjoyed it. A bit of fun with cars.
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                            Comment


                              The best car show by a distance for my money is Wheeler Dealers. That's actually a proper car based show and the sillyness / celebrity angle is kept to a minimum.
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                                It's a continuation of exactly the same thing they've done for the last decade.
                                Why change an unbelievably successful format?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X