Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    It's ****in ****. I switched it off about 10 mins in. It couldn't be any more like Top Gear if it tried.
    I like Top Gear so yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
      Great to see the real Top Gear return - under its new title 'The Grand Tour'. . . . . .for those of us who enjoy those 3 eejits.
      Is it still as heavily scripted as before complete with faux diddering and doddering and general imbecilic behaviour?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
        I like Top Gear so yay!
        Entirely your bag so, once he got the stick out to show Americans how to describe car parts I gave up.

It's a continuation of exactly the same thing they've done for the last decade.
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
          Is it still as heavily scripted as before complete with faux diddering and doddering and general imbecilic behaviour?

Yes. Can't beat a bit of imbecilic behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
            I don't think you can get Amazon Prime in Ireland.
            You can get it no problem but all you will get now is the free UK postage - which is good if you use Parcel Motel etc but hardly worth the yearly subscription unless you buy products by the truckload from Amazon.

But I digress, Amazon TV etc will be available in 200 new Countries - including Ireland - come December. I am assuming Music etc will accompany it so by then Prime will be worth it - imo anyway.

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016...ow-in-ireland/
            Last edited by Corcíoch; 19-November-2016, 10:04.

Comment

It's ****in ****. I switched it off about 10 mins in. It couldn't be any more like Top Gear if it tried.
              I'm guessing you didn't like the old one either then
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Yes. Can't beat a bit of imbecilic behaviour.
                It used to be a bit of fun but got very bored of it.

"Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

I'll have a look and advise......
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

It used to be a bit of fun but got very bored of it.

Its not for everyone and some of it is simply stupid.

I enjoy it however.

The 3 cars at the centre of the first episode are incredible pieces of engineering. They get huge access and up close to machines like these that other programs cannot match.

I've have also always quite enjoyed the "cinematography " or whatever you call it of Top Gear . .this new series seems just as good. Very enjoyable to watch. Very very well shot and put together.

Nice to see the Hothouse Flowers getting exposure on such a global platform too.
                    Last edited by Corcíoch; 19-November-2016, 14:38.

Comment

Its not for everyone and some of it is simply stupid.

I enjoy it however.

The 3 cars at the centre of the first episode are incredible pieces of engineering. I really enjoyed that.

I've always quite enjoyed the "cinematography " or whatever you call it of Top Gear . .this new series seems just as good. Very enjoyable to watch. Very very well shot and put together.

Nice to see the Hothouse Flowers getting exposure on such a global platform too.
                      Ah yeah a lot of it is harmless but I started to get turned off around the time they went to Sweden and "accidentally" set a house on fire with something that looked like a combine harvester. A lot of those specials were extremely staged but there is some entertainment buried in there somewhere

Comment

Ah yeah a lot of it is harmless but I started to get turned off around the time they went to Sweden and "accidentally" set a house on fire with something that looked like a combine harvester. A lot of those specials were extremely staged but there is some entertainment buried in there somewhere

Its safe to say you wouldn't have liked the new episode so . . . .that sorta stuff continued.

Comment

It's way more scripted than before

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                          Stand up and fight

Comment

Saw it last night. Yes it's scripted, silly, and formulaic too.

I enjoyed it. A bit of fun with cars.
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

The best car show by a distance for my money is Wheeler Dealers. That's actually a proper car based show and the sillyness / celebrity angle is kept to a minimum.
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

It's a continuation of exactly the same thing they've done for the last decade.
                                Why change an unbelievably successful format?

Comment

Working...
                                X