Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear

http://news.sky.com/story/1347318/cl...ack-terrifying

Mistake? Imo it wasn't and bbc nearly got them killed.
    So I walked as day was dawning
    Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
    Where we once watched the row boats landing
    By the broad majestic shannon

Top Gear

Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
    http://news.sky.com/story/1347318/cl...ack-terrifying

Mistake? Imo it wasn't and bbc nearly got them killed.
    Mistake my arse. Would they find it funny if I drove around Brighton with a car reg of IRA 84?

The BBC are worse defending it.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

A completely unintentional coincidence that the license plate had **82 FLD on it. I'm not convinced

Comment

Fld almost passable KE but FKD? jes what's wrong with these feckers altogether? A lot of brave men died in that conflict why drag it back up ffs?

Comment

My mistake, did you see the vietnam special with the american flag motorbike and so forth. It's what the show thrives on, I'm sure they were hoping to court some controversy, they just got a lot more than expected.

Comment

A pity they didn't get much more of a pounding. If anything sums up smug, upper class English gits it's those fools.
            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

I've been avoiding this because I couldn't give a **** about Top Gear. But this strikes me as a case of The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
              I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Publicity is worth millions to them, they are pure knobheads, clarksons "conservative" outlook is typical of the little englander mindset, but it is the biggest selling show internationally for auntie so of course they will try to spin it. Coincidence? Yeah and the sinking of the Belgrano was an unnecessary accident.
                Last edited by treatycity1; 5-October-2014, 11:28.
                psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

It's a trend with the show to try and rise the locals in these special episodes. They did something similar in some backward bible belt state in the US. Painted their cars with gay slogans and got run out of town. I wouldn't condone the homophobic attitude in the town, however if you go in and poke the bear, you'd better be prepared for the consequences.
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

They will all be quietly chuckling their way to the bank, safe in the knowledge that, were the Beeb to follow through with their threat to sack them, Sky or ITV would happily feed the Golden Goose. Can't believe people get so upset about such BS myself.

Comment

Clarkson is claiming it was a trap

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...overnment.html

Comment

Clarkson is a rat who deserves to be trapped.
                        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

“I’d like to say ‘Gotcha’ at this point. But I won’t.”

What an utter cnut. Mocking 323 brave sailors that died horribly so twatcher could get re elected. I wish the argies had gotten hold of him.
                          Last edited by Cougar Moon; 5-October-2014, 18:47.

Comment

And I'm sure this was a complete coincidence too..

Writing in the Sunday Times, Clarkson admitted that the programme-makers knew anti-British feelings “still run hard and deep” in Ushuaia – the General Belgrano sailed from the port before it was torpedoed by the British, with the loss of 323 lives.
                            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Enough of the Belgrano stuff please. Entirely justifiable in a war situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X