Avoiding Adare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoiding Adare

Traveling West to Tralee from Limerick around rush hour tomorrow and was wondering had anyone any tips on avoiding Adare. The Rest of the N21 moves fine after Adare, its just the lead into the village that's a balls.

I'm living here long enough now to know of the N69 Coast Road via Listowel and its grand albeit the odd slow driver or tractor. But are there any other routes that are worth trying at that time?

For example what is the road like between Croom to Newcastle West via Ballingarry. Worth the detour?
    Askeaton - Rathkeale?

I don't mind country roads.
    Last edited by Huwie; 21st-August-2014, 14:35.
    The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
    Gwan the Welsh

Originally posted by Huwie View Post

Traveling West to Tralee from Limerick around rush hour tomorrow and was wondering had anyone any tips on avoiding Adare. The Rest of the N21 moves fine after Adare, its just the lead into the village that's a balls.

I'm living here long enough now to know of the N69 Coast Road via Listowel and its grand albeit the odd slow driver or tractor. But are there any other routes that are worth trying at that time?

For example what is the road like between Croom to Newcastle West via Ballingarry. Worth the detour?
    Askeaton - Rathkeale?

Coast road, then either Kildimo to Adare - brings you out by the mini roundabout in Adare or better still Askeaton to Rathkeale.

If you pass the hill say hello to my auld fella
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Bring some sandwiches, just passed through there about 40-50 min ago, traffic was backed up to near the dual carriageway, traffic was fine coming from the Tralee side( thankfully the direction I was going)
      The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Askeaton - Rathkeale?

Scoot into the hard shoulder inside the half mile or so of traffic in the run up to ye olde worlde archway at the roundabout a kilometre or two before Adare. A few hundred yards before the roundabout there's an old road off to your left. This may bring you around Adare painlessly if you follow your nose intelligently, bringing you back onto your original route at the other end of the village. Satnav would help but I always prefer an adventure to stewing in traffic.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
          Coast road, then either Kildimo to Adare - brings you out by the mini roundabout in Adare or better still Askeaton to Rathkeale.
          Kildimo - Croagh?

That Askeaton road looks like a goer
          The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
            Scoot into the hard shoulder inside the half mile or so of traffic in the run up to ye olde worlde archway at the roundabout a kilometre or two before Adare. A few hundred yards before the roundabout there's an old road off to your left. This may bring you around Adare painlessly if you follow your nose intelligently, bringing you back onto your original route at the other end of the village. Satnav would help but I always prefer an adventure to stewing in traffic.
            This may bring you *shudder* around Adare. Ballyroystonvasey beckons

Just had a look at that on google, Its an extra 5 min around Adare to what you'd be driving through the village on a good day. So in traffic that could work out great, especially if you can hard shoulder it half a mile in. Thanks
            Last edited by Huwie; 21st-August-2014, 17:23.

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Forget Adare, how have I never seen that shortcut on Rainbow Road before?

*Dusts off N64*
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Askeaton - Rathkeale?

That's a pretty **** Rd if you don't know it well.
                Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                  That's a pretty **** Rd if you don't know it well.
                  The N20 will be busy at that time too, so the run down to croom would take a little longer than usual.
                  Probably not worth it. Thanks

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

This may bring you *shudder* around Adare. Ballyroystonvasey beckons

Just had a look at that on google, Its an extra 5 min around Adare to what you'd be driving through the village on a good day. So in traffic that could work out great, especially if you can hard shoulder it half a mile in. Thanks
                    It's the path of least resistance, flowing round the obstacle.
                    There tends to be a few others at the same caper roundabout rush hour.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                      Forget Adare, how have I never seen that shortcut on Rainbow Road before?

*Dusts off N64*
                      To quote Munstershane

"That's a pretty **** Rd if you don't know it well"

Last edited by Huwie; 21st-August-2014, 17:31.

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Head out via Patrickswell village, stay on old road to Adare, cross motorway, keep straight, take next right turn (sometime after a sharp turn to left), this brings u to a 4 cross roads, near a garden centre ( the Woodlands is down to your right). The 4 crossroads might be staggered junction, go straight across, you will pass a hatch pub on your right.

Continue over the river Maigue, turn right the T junction, this road brings you to Rasthkeale side of Adare.

Unfortunately, I can't link a map.

If you need one let me know and I'll try and do from work tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
                          Head out via Patrickswell village, stay on old road to Adare, cross motorway, keep straight, take next right turn (sometime after a sharp turn to left), this brings u to a 4 cross roads, near a garden centre ( the Woodlands is down to your right). The 4 crossroads might be staggered junction, go straight across, you will pass a hatch pub on your right.

Continue over the river Maigue, turn right the T junction, this road brings you to Rasthkeale side of Adare.

Unfortunately, I can't link a map.

If you need one let me know and I'll try and do from work tomorrow
                          Just had a look on a map. Your way, similar to what ustix describes but avoids the motorway too on the Limerick side which could be really handy. The bridge over the motorway would also give you a good view down toward Adare Id suspect.
                          Thanks

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Just had a look on a map. Your way, similar to what ustix describes but avoids the motorway too on the Limerick side which could be really handy. The bridge over the motorway would also give you a good view down toward Adare Id suspect.
                            Thanks
                            From the bridge, if you decide the motorway traffic is moving you could turn right and rejoin the motorway before the roundabout at the lantern lodge. If u want u cud turn left at this roundabout, pass the Woodlands then right at the 4X roads, u are now back on the route I described above.

Comment

The N20 will be busy at that time too, so the run down to croom would take a little longer than usual.
                              Probably not worth it. Thanks
                              It won't be that bad and you will be moving. You could head as far as Rourkes Cross and turn off for Newcastlewest.
                              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Working...
                              X