Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leo V

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...1893856?page=1

Thoughtful piece from Fintan O Toole. I reckon Leo is the man to fix this but the inevitable backlash is not far away for our putative PM. Leo might actually deliver the new paradigm in politics that Enda promised but reneged on almost immediately. Here's hoping....
    I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
    HL Mencken

Originally posted by Eamo View Post
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...1893856?page=1

Thoughtful piece from Fintan O Toole. I reckon Leo is the man to fix this but the inevitable backlash is not far away for our putative PM. Leo might actually deliver the new paradigm in politics that Enda promised but reneged on almost immediately. Here's hoping....
    The last time Leo V came to power saw what became known as Saeculum Obscurum or 'The Rule of the Harlots' ushered in.
    Call me wary but surely this don't bode well for these times.
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

John Bruton was possibly the biggest gobsh1te we've had as taoiseach. And that's saying something.

hes still a gobsh1te now, only difference is he's pimping himself out to lobby groups at a ferocious rate.

Comment

A referendum over hauling the pensions for ex-taoiseach and ministers - stopping them getting anything until actual pension age and when they don't have another income - would be passed with 99%.

Burton is an utterly disgusting human being.
        Last edited by busby; 15th-August-2014, 15:15.
        "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Yup, Burton definitely is

Comment

Working...
          X