Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help Adam.

All,

Can I ask you to take time to read about the son of a friend of mine, if you can,please help.

Thanks,
    Ian

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...p-adam-/196962

There are no words that can be used to respond to that. At all.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

More on Adam,

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/e...-30471674.html

Comment

I don't know how that lady has managed to find the strength. This part of the article stood out for me.
        Rebecca wrote to the Taoiseach in April. She received a response from the new Minister for Health only last week.

"While the location of where you live has presented challenges to local services in terms of maintaining an adequate support service to your son, I am assured by the HSE that it endeavours at all times to deliver such services to a person’s home regardless of where they live."

"I am advised by the HSE that the waiting time for aids and appliances is currently approximately 12 months. As you will appreciate, the availability of aids and appliances is determined on a priority basis. However, if a piece of equipment is deemed a clinical priority by the prescribing clinician, it is ordered immediately. I understand that Adam is on the aids and appliances waiting list for a wheelchair as of December 2013. The Executive has advised that it has initiated a risk rating to determine Adam’s priority on this waiting list."

"In conclusion, the HSE has acknowledged that your child’s case is a very challenging one, and has given assurances that it is endeavouring to provide a timely, adequate, and appropriate service for Adam."
        "You shouldn't have to write to the Taoiseach but you do. Every piece of equipment I got I had to fight, or make a complaint before I could get it."
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Unbelievable for one family to have to face all that. Rebecca's bravery is inspiring
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
            Unbelievable for one family to have to face all that. Rebecca's bravery is inspiring
            She,s a tough nut for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Burgers View Post
              She,s a tough nut for sure.
              She'd need to be.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Burgers View Post
                That's hard to wrap your head around, God love them. The 4th picture in that article really got to me, our twins were born prematurely 7 years ago tomorrow at 28 weeks so that picture of the little hat with the CPAP tubing brought it all back. We were beyond lucky but some of the other children in the Neo weren't so fortunate. I will definitely contribute to that fund.
                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

I'm in bits after reading that. What an awful cross to bare. Rebecca is inspiring.
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Thanks to everyone who helped, target has been beaten. Anything from here on is going to be donated to Cliona Foundation to assist critically ill children.

Comment

Puts life in perspective. To the brave and faithful nothing is impossible.
                      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Somehow clicked on this for the first time and just read the story, tears streaming down my face. Heart breaking I have had a newborn rushed to hospital and kept in for a week, so can relate a little bit...the staff in Crumlin are wonderful.
                        Believe.

Comment

I hope your newborn is doing well now. It's tough when they're so small and all you want to do is protect them and do your best.
                          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

I missed this first time round, but jaysus that's some tough reading. Expecting my first in December and I honestly don't think I'd have the strength to go through what this family has. Great to know that the target was achieved though.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

That class of strength doesn't emerge until it's required
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                              X