X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROG's €76,166 kitchen

Racing Metro coach and wife in court over luxury kitchen dispute

By Liam Heylin

Racing Metro coach Ronan O’Gara and his wife, Jessica, were at the courthouse at Washington Street in Cork yesterday for a civil case concerning a dispute about allegedly outstanding payments for a luxury kitchen at their home in Cork.

The case was first in the list of cases for hearing before Judge David Riordan at Cork Circuit Court yesterday, but the parties asked for time to discuss a possible settlement of the action.

By lunchtime barrister, Colmán Ó Donnchadha, for the plaintiff, House of Coolmore Limited, said, “With the consent of all parties the matter can be struck out.”

Noting this development from the discussions between lawyers for the suppliers of the kitchen, Coolmore, and the defendants in the civil action, Ronan and Jessica O’Gara of Maryborough Hill, Douglas, Cork, Judge David Riordan said, “The matter is struck out with no order.”

Plaintiff, House of Coolmore Limited of Raheens, Carrigaline, Co Cork, brought the case in respect of an agreement allegedly made between themselves and Mr and Mrs O’Gara in June 2006 that they would supply and install a kitchen with appliances and other furniture.

The terms of the payment of the agreement were allegedly that that portion of the monies would be paid to the plaintiff with the balance being discharged by the defendants providing to the plaintiff image rights in respect of photographs of the defendants taken within the supplied kitchen.

The kitchen was supplied by September 2006 at a cost of €76,166. It was alleged by the plaintiff that he received a payment of €35,238 leaving a balance of €40,928 due.

In July 2008 the plaintiff paid a photographer to take promotional photographs of the couple in the new kitchen. The plaintiff alleged that in October 2008 the defendants refused to approve the promotional photographs for publication.

The plaintiff claimed that the defendants failed to approve the photographs or to pay the sums due. This was what would have been at issue if the case had gone to trial.

There were no details given on the manner in which it was resolved.

Two of our regular posters were banned for joking around but this sort of twaddle which is a clear invite to trolling and speculation about a private matter is ok?
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Only if you're a member of the Clique, you of all people should know that.
      A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

Clique or not I doubt any non moderator would have been allowed post this, it's a clear invitation to potentially libelous speculation
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Sure nobody's been killed......or HAVE THEY?

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
            Clique or not I doubt any non moderator would have been allowed post this, it's a clear invitation to potentially libelous speculation
            It's a civil issue, Sewa, but of course if you want to make a potentially libellous statement do be aware that your details will be passed on

Comment

What? You think there's double standards on mf.com? I'm shocked!

Great avatar by the way

Comment

I see RO'G and Stringer were given statues of themselves this week.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                  I see RO'G and Stringer were given statues of themselves this week.
                  That's a private matter McCloud

Comment

Did that kitchen not get loads of exposure in the ROG documentary? Every second scene seemed to be in the kitchen.

Comment

Its in the papers so its news. Sure you're the biggest troller around here. On the sauce?
                      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

He was ripped off. Shane Jennings have done it for €5,000. Legit like.

Comment

Yes in the news so open season (ish).

I think this shows that it is not just tax relief why the golden generation stayed in Ireland during the Celtic tiger economy. You may get well paid elsewhere but you will not get the same endorsements.

Comment

For that sort of wedge, I'd want sweet nothings shispered into my lugholes by Jessica Rabbit as those drawers slid shut on their soft touch damped closures so I would.

For the love of God get rid of this thread before my wife stumbles across it and begins to dig deeper into the sort of costs a kitchen can run to. When she rumbles how cheap I've been, I'll never hear the end of it.

Comment

Working...
                            X