Cork Cycling Festival - 19th to 27th July

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cork Cycling Festival - 19th to 27th July

There's a cycling festival in Cork starting Saturday week (19th July.) This isn't to be confused with Cork Bike Week a few weeks ago which had a lot of involvement from schools.

This has a range of events. A friend's highlight was the Olde Schoole Cycle, where people got up in olden years' garb and cycled around the city looking spiffy. On the opening day there's bike mechanic workshops where they'll show you how to fix basic things on your bike (I'm planning on going to that.) There's also loads of cycle tours, heading off around the county pretty much every second day. And then there's a bbq at the end of it all. It looks good, and I know someone who was involved with it a few years ago (but haven't kept in contact with her.)

All the details are here. http://www.corkcyclingfestival.com/events/
    I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

I will join this festival.

Comment

2 bike weeks?
      The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
      Gwan the Welsh

Comment

We love a good ride in Cork.
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

I heard that. Sheep or Jack Russell's this time?
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
            I heard that. Sheep or Jack Russell's this time?
            This coming from lads who get a raging búdán over floury rolls? American Passage East, that's ye and baps.

Comment

If the asshole Lance Armstrong wannabes could stay in on the ****ing road that would be greatly appreciated by all I think.
              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                If the asshole Lance Armstrong wannabes could stay in on the ****ing road that would be greatly appreciated by all I think.
                One thing that drives me spare, as one who cycles myself, is paired atseholes riding abreast.

FFS, get in the slipstream, give each other a tow, and don't block traffic, all in one!

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                  One thing that drives me spare, as one who cycles myself, is paired atseholes riding abreast.

FFS, get in the slipstream, give each other a tow, and don't block traffic, all in one!
                  It's not even to motorists, it's the way they act with 'inferior' cyclists. A friend of mine has given it up after nearly getting killed on 2 occasions by an mini pleathon of wannabe armstrongs.

Its a fantastic past time, especially in our part of the world, but the pretend pros should be boobytrapped by brick wall around a corner.
                  "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

This coming from lads who get a raging búdán over floury rolls? American Passage East, that's ye and baps.
                    The Blaa is on the european protected food lists I think? F'ing tasty either way and a great county to visit, nice folks there
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Cheers Sewa you'll always be welcome here
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                        Cheers Sewa you'll always be welcome here
                        You do realise what The Cooler just did to ye, yes?

Comment

You do realise what The Cooler just did to ye, yes?
                          Oh yes T78

Comment

Working...
                          X