Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used Vodafone landline broadband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taz
    replied
    Anyone used Vodafone landline broadband?

Off topic but best place to post it. Had Vodafone on asking me if I wanted to change from my unlimited mobile package to a 15GB 15euro a month package . He then decided after checking our usage it would not suit , house using 75GB per month off the MIFI Box! Paying 25e a month for it .
    Last edited by taz; 8th-September-2014, 16:12.

Leave a comment:

• No. 16
    replied
    Edit to above. €35 pm for 12 months.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3547269936

My new isp is up and running - decent speeds for the location too.

Leave a comment:

• lahinch_lass
    replied
    I was with vodafone before Magnet start offering fibre in my area. the whole time I was with vodafone I got calls from eircom offering BB for cheaper and every time I asked their upload speed it was 500kb yet the vodafone service was significantly better running through the same infrastructure !! Definitely get the unlimited download plan if you go with them.

I have been considering a switch to eircom in order to ditch UPC MMDS, but have been listening to one of my colleagues at work onto their call centre every other day ever since the winter storms, so they aren't exactly superstars in customer service either.
    I definitely reckon twitter is *the* best way to get service when you've issues with ANY company.

One of the problems I have with UPC is their auto-response wanting your exact address before answering any questions .. like "will you be offering cable service in Ennis anytime soon?" response: "please DM us your a/c number & address" ... no no no ! ruddy idiots. sure if they said yes but not necessarily everywhere in ennis so let us know your address to confirm if your area will be getting it. GRR... the imbecils employed by certain companies for customer support really do may you wonder.

Leave a comment:

• No. 16
    replied
    I've been with them for years. Automatic transfer from the old Perlico. They rang me the other day and I took their offer. Had an old plan with unlimited anytime calls to landlines. But, we hardly ever make calls on the landline as the mobiles are free to anything in Ireland. Changed it to adding some minutes to mobiles and international - which would probably save a few bob. They asked about my broadband and I said it was grand except for dropping the signal occasionally and having to re-boot the router. It's an ancient Perlico Router. So they sent me out a brand new router I'm planning on unwrapping this weekend. The broadband is fine. Plenty fast and reliable. Often has 3 mobiles, an iPad and a couple laptops all running off it at once. No issues. (We don't do a lot of "Downloading" ). Said something about upgrading the speed again. (Our lines were recently upgraded again I think)
    Gave me €35 pm for the first 3 mos. too. Then:

Your Bundle

Vodafone Home Pref (18 Month)

• Vodafone Home
    • Vodafone Simply Talk
    • 100 minutes to all ROI mobiles, landlines & 23 top international landline destinations
    • Vodafone Fixed Broadband Modem (Fibre)
    Monthly Cost €40

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    hmmm. my provider (utvconnect) taken over by vodafone. i was under contract but have an opt out clause now so might jump ship considering the above

Leave a comment:

• Major TNT
    replied
    2 year is a long time if you are getting low speeds and a crap service.
    See if you cab bargain them to a one year contract, sometimes the sales line might do you a better deal than the sign up online as they have targets etc.
    Your 120 a year deal is bloody good.
    If its fixed line I just go with eircom, they may cost a bit more but if you go vodafone, or other provider all they are doing is renting line from eircom and if something goes wrong they blame each other.
    If you go direct with eircom it cuts out that issue

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    I have a dread of committing myself to Call Centre Hell for two years. On the other hand my current provider charges 120/pa more for a fairly ropey service and less bandwidth that Vodafone promise. But the local firm are friendly and easily contactable. I also helped set up the company when it was just starting out. Bit of a conundrum tbh.
    Find out if any close neighbours have them and you'll get an idea of what speeds etc they are getting. Though as you probably know speed isn't the be all - contention ratios and traffic shaping are probably bigger issues with copper services.

I wouldn't worry too much about call centres as you rarely have to talk to them these days. If the sh*t hits the fan contact them on Twitter and they will respond pronto.

For the price I reckon they are the best of a poor lot in non fibre areas.

Leave a comment:

• NiallGK
    replied
    I got used to it RB, press 2 (landline), then press option 4 on the android's list and lo and behold, you get to talk to a technically minded homo sapien.

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    I have a dread of committing myself to Call Centre Hell for two years. On the other hand my current provider charges 120/pa more for a fairly ropey service and less bandwidth that Vodafone promise. But the local firm are friendly and easily contactable. I also helped set up the company when it was just starting out. Bit of a conundrum tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Major TNT
    replied
    Was with them before and their call centre is rubbish if you've any billing or tech queries. The also overcharged me at one point and it took about a year to refund, had to keep at them constantly.

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    I've been with them for a few years and never really had issues with them. Recently upgraded to their unlimited fibre offering and it's pretty damn good. Their tech support (when you eventually get to navigate through their phone menus) isn't too bad either.

Leave a comment:

• leeview
    replied
    I have been with them 5 years now . All I can say is they are the best of a bad bunch but go for unlimited use or you will pay through the nose . I was going to leave them in march but I could not get a better deal

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Any speed BB would be a dream.

I ordered a new landline, phone and BB (7 meg) from Eircom on 14th April. Still not even connected.

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    Don't want to tie myself down to a landline provider. I was paying for a 7Meg line but was barely getting 3Meg. My phone is getting 10Megs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X