Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used Vodafone landline broadband?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone used Vodafone landline broadband?

    I've been offered a good deal on Vodafone broadband over landline but it's a twoyear contract so if it goes pear shaped I'm ****ed. Has anyone here used landline broadband from this company?
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

    #2
    I've been with them since last December. After some initial irritating problems (service breakdown), it's been running smoothly and I'm getting better download speeds that Eircom. Vodafone offered me an 18 month contract with a free modem, which I took.

    I found the customer service on the technical side to be excellent but be careful to go for the unlimited download package because you'd be surprised how fast you would use up the 20GB data allowance on the other package they offer. They will ride you if you exceed it.
    If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
      I've been offered a good deal on Vodafone broadband over landline but it's a twoyear contract so if it goes pear shaped I'm ****ed. Has anyone here used landline broadband from this company?
      Stay clear of them! have been on the phone with them constantly for pretty much the last 2 months over a string of problems. poor service and usually takes 1-2 weeks before they bother to tell eircom to come out and fix the problem. They also have a habit of turning down the speed to a minimum unless you keep on to them. we were supposed to be getting 30 mb but they had us turned down to below 10 for the last while. Definitely wont be renewing with them once the contract is up which thankfully is soon enough!
      Hope this Helps.

      Comment


        #4
        I spoke to them a month ago to get my broadband disconnected. No joy. I rang them again. Waited 45 minutes before I could speak to someone who could actually disconnect it. It still took another 10 days before they did anything about it. All the while they are charging me for an overpriced service that I don't want. Shower of ****s. But they are the same as anyone else, if you want to sign up you can speak to someone in a few minutes, if you have an issue or want to disconnect you need to dig out a calendar.
        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

        Comment


          #5
          6I used them and had terrible issues with the router. Service is awful, Eircom equally bad. have Sky for the last year and its excellent so far
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
            I spoke to them a month ago to get my broadband disconnected. No joy. I rang them again. Waited 45 minutes before I could speak to someone who could actually disconnect it. It still took another 10 days before they did anything about it. All the while they are charging me for an overpriced service that I don't want. Shower of ****s. But they are the same as anyone else, if you want to sign up you can speak to someone in a few minutes, if you have an issue or want to disconnect you need to dig out a calendar.
            Disconnect by joining another provider and getting them to sort it for you.

            I set my Ma up on Vodafone about 18 months ago so she could Skype us (though she also gets free calls to the UK).
            The broadband is fairly unspectacular at about 1.3 Mbps though that is a limit on the local exchange.

            As mentioned their capped product is crap, and very very expensive over your allowance.

            If you are in an area with access to fibre, go with that. The difference between copper BB and fibre is like night and day.
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

            Comment


              #7
              Don't want to tie myself down to a landline provider. I was paying for a 7Meg line but was barely getting 3Meg. My phone is getting 10Megs.
              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

              Comment


                #8
                Any speed BB would be a dream.

                I ordered a new landline, phone and BB (7 meg) from Eircom on 14th April. Still not even connected.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have been with them 5 years now . All I can say is they are the best of a bad bunch but go for unlimited use or you will pay through the nose . I was going to leave them in march but I could not get a better deal

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I've been with them for a few years and never really had issues with them. Recently upgraded to their unlimited fibre offering and it's pretty damn good. Their tech support (when you eventually get to navigate through their phone menus) isn't too bad either.
                    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Was with them before and their call centre is rubbish if you've any billing or tech queries. The also overcharged me at one point and it took about a year to refund, had to keep at them constantly.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I have a dread of committing myself to Call Centre Hell for two years. On the other hand my current provider charges 120/pa more for a fairly ropey service and less bandwidth that Vodafone promise. But the local firm are friendly and easily contactable. I also helped set up the company when it was just starting out. Bit of a conundrum tbh.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I got used to it RB, press 2 (landline), then press option 4 on the android's list and lo and behold, you get to talk to a technically minded homo sapien.
                          If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                            I have a dread of committing myself to Call Centre Hell for two years. On the other hand my current provider charges 120/pa more for a fairly ropey service and less bandwidth that Vodafone promise. But the local firm are friendly and easily contactable. I also helped set up the company when it was just starting out. Bit of a conundrum tbh.
                            Find out if any close neighbours have them and you'll get an idea of what speeds etc they are getting. Though as you probably know speed isn't the be all - contention ratios and traffic shaping are probably bigger issues with copper services.

                            I wouldn't worry too much about call centres as you rarely have to talk to them these days. If the sh*t hits the fan contact them on Twitter and they will respond pronto.

                            For the price I reckon they are the best of a poor lot in non fibre areas.
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              2 year is a long time if you are getting low speeds and a crap service.
                              See if you cab bargain them to a one year contract, sometimes the sales line might do you a better deal than the sign up online as they have targets etc.
                              Your 120 a year deal is bloody good.
                              If its fixed line I just go with eircom, they may cost a bit more but if you go vodafone, or other provider all they are doing is renting line from eircom and if something goes wrong they blame each other.
                              If you go direct with eircom it cuts out that issue

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X