Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland South-Euro elections debate.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    From a guy who thinks a good reason to vote for somebody is because they are a "nice guy" this is pretty funny.
    Being a nice guy isn't a bad thing
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by sewa View Post
      Being a nice guy isn't a bad thing
      I wouldn't disagree with that statement. However it has nothing to do with what I said.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Benny View Post
        I wouldn't disagree with that statement. However it has nothing to do with what I said.
        You know how this works though?
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by sewa View Post
          You know how this works though?
          If I am picking you up correctly I would say yes. People vote in large part due to personality. We tend to gravitate towards people who please us.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Benny View Post
            If I am picking you up correctly I would say yes. People vote in large part due to personality. We tend to gravitate towards people who please us.
            I meant forumming, nobody addresses what the other person actually said
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by sewa View Post
              I meant forumming, nobody addresses what the other person actually said
              Oops. I am not a professional forum contributor. I only post on here sometimes when I have time. I must brush up on my knowledge of expected forum etiquette and practices.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by sewa View Post
                The greens! We must be badly stuck if people are voting for that motley crew of tree huggers again
                Grace is not what I'd call a tree hugger, but that depends on your definition of this much bandied about nickname for anyone who cares about whats happening to their environs, and gets off their arse and tries to do something about it. I have too have been called a tree hugger, this was for objecting to a sewage pipe which was to be bulldozed through our local & beautiful sanddunes. We, I'm Proud to say halted said project. So I say vote for Tree huggers they'll probably do a lot more than you think Sewa!
                Last edited by trixie; 22nd-May-2014, 17:36.
                Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by No. 16 View Post
                  One caveat - He appears to lean quite firmly toward "pro-life (anti-choice)". However, he explains fairly well how that probably doesn't matter anyway. Hmmm....I wonder

                  http://prolifecampaign.ie/main/europ...23rd-may-2014/

                  Other people you may not want to vote for by the way:

                  http://www.thelifeinstitute.net/curr...cal-elections/
                  That is something that's still bothering me. May end up with Shinners 1.
                  We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                  Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by sewa View Post
                    The greens! We must be badly stuck if people are voting for that motley crew of tree huggers again
                    Grace is not what I'd call a tree hugger, but that depends on your definition of this much bandied about nickname for anyone who cares about whats going on around and gets off their arse and tries to do something about it. I have too have been called a tree hugger, this was for objecting to a sewage pipe which was to be bulldozed through our local & beautiful sanddunes. We, I'm Proud to say halted said project. So I say vote for Tree huggers they'll probably do a lot more than you think!
                    Actually I think I'll change my name to trixie the tree hugger.
                    Last edited by trixie; 22nd-May-2014, 17:54.
                    Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by trixie View Post
                      Grace is not what I'd call a tree hugger, but that depends on your definition of this much bandied about nickname for anyone who cares about whats happening to their environs, and gets off their arse and tries to do something about it. I have too have been called a tree hugger, this was for objecting to a sewage pipe which was to be bulldozed through our local & beautiful sanddunes. We, I'm Proud to say halted said project. So I say vote for Tree huggers they'll probably do a lot more than you think Sewa!
                      Indeed. She seems to be a bit more wave rider than tree hugger. The slightly hippy side of me can relate to that. But yes things are pretty bad again. People are voting green again. FF, FG and "Labour" are now so sullied that the otherwise educated and dare I say intelligent people are finally so disillusioned that they are contemplating voting for psychopathic Shinners. God bless us we're a hoplessly pathological state.
                      Last edited by No. 16; 22nd-May-2014, 18:29.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Sometimes it's all a bit too much alright
                        Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by No. 16 View Post
                          Indeed. She seems to be a bit more wave rider than tree hugger. The slightly hippy side of me can relate to that. But yes things are pretty bad again. People are voting green again. FF, FG and "Labour" are now so sullied that the otherwise educated and dare I say intelligent people are finally so disillusioned that they are contemplating voting for psychopathic Shinners. God bless us we're a hoplessly pathological state.
                          She teaches my young one to surf. Intelligent, pleasant woman to discuss things with
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                          Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                          Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by No. 16 View Post
                            Indeed. She seems to be a bit more wave rider than tree hugger. The slightly hippy side of me can relate to that. But yes things are pretty bad again. People are voting green again. FF, FG and "Labour" are now so sullied that the otherwise educated and dare I say intelligent people are finally so disillusioned that they are contemplating voting for psychopathic Shinners. God bless us we're a hoplessly pathological state.
                            FG,Lab "sullied" ? They weren't the ones who fuuked the country. It's just incredible that people expect a switch to be flicked and everything to be suddenly grand again.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              First time voting in the UK for European elections. You vote based on party (or independent if there is just one of them in that party).

                              Bizarre system. Surely the electoral system should allow you to distinguish between individuals? Even with party boundaries there will be people to the right and left.

                              Also local elections for me: I do vote but considering my ward has been 80% conservative since the year dot I wonder why I bothered! At least you get vote for 3 individuals (though not in preference).

                              I much prefer the Irish system.
                              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Point View Post
                                FG,Lab "sullied" ? They weren't the ones who fuuked the country. It's just incredible that people expect a switch to be flicked and everything to be suddenly grand again.
                                Ok . Perhaps not sullied. Just lacking any credibility. Then again...

                                "Politics and the fate of mankind are shaped by men without ideals and without greatness. Those who have greatness within them do not go in for politics." Albert Camus.
                                Last edited by No. 16; 22nd-May-2014, 22:38.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X