Ireland South-Euro elections debate.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland South-Euro elections debate.

Watched the first part of the debate last night and although shockingly poor a few things stood out,
    Sinn Fein are now the most polished party with the best prepared candidates, this Ni Riada lady was seriously impressive and by a country mile the best candidate.
    Prendergast is a ****ing idiot in the extreme and used the usual NI attack method on SF, which had no effect whatsoever.
    Sean Kelly another gombern less articulate then the average reader at mass.
    FDR a complete and utter spoofer, how this clown is continuously returned is beyond me.

Didn't bother with the second half but have my mind made up, O'Flynn 1, Ni Riada 2. Would be the other way around but I feel Ni Riada will be comfortably elected.
    We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
    Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

That's interesting about Ni Riada, didn't even know she existed till I seen her posters had heard nothing about or from her.
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

It is hard to get away from the notion that people vote for Crowley for no other reason than his disability.

Which is a bit sad in this day and age.
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
        That's interesting about Ni Riada, didn't even know she existed till I seen her posters had heard nothing about or from her.
        Same as Grandpa, seriously impressive, cool as ice. She answered the questions properly and was well able to retort the usual snipes from the establishment parties.
        I would have been reluctant to vote SF in the past wholly due to some of the characters they would have attracted down here in the past but now I have no problem voting for them.

Comment

Anyone no anything about Ni Riadha's position on social issues? SF can vary a lot on that. Is she a liberal or Johns Water's follower?

Comment

I imagine she's fairly liberal on social issues, she appears intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
              It is hard to get away from the notion that people vote for Crowley for no other reason than his disability.

He is in the top 1% of MEPs in terms of his lack of voting record.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/05/16/meps-low-vote-turnout-despite-bumper-salary/

In the interests of fairness, there is a reference on a Boards.ie forum that he was quite ill for a period in 2012,
              Last edited by The Last Stand; 20th-May-2014, 19:10.

Comment

NĂ­ Riada was very impressive. Sinn Fein have produced what seem to be some very impressive and good candidates in the last year or two which is something I thought I would never say. It is a shame then that they have the least convincing and least likeable character at the helm. I very much think Adams is the main thing holding Sinn Fein back. If they got rid of him they could potentially experience game changing levels of increased support imo. That of course won't happen anytime soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

It has to be that. It's incredible that he can top the poll while disappearing for 4 years.

Comment

FF and FG called at my door this evening. I got a lot off my chest I feel a lot better.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                      FF and FG called at my door this evening. I got a lot off my chest I feel a lot better.
                      How could you tell them apart?
                      The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Fcukers only dropping leaflets and running here, scalded, I was psyched for a fortnight of bloodsport.
                        "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                          How could you tell them apart?
                          They attempted to deposit some election material. I'll agree that the only difference is the G 2 sides of the same coin....
                          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                            Fcukers only dropping leaflets and running here, scalded, I was psyched for a fortnight of bloodsport.
                            Same here in Mallow. I thought I had my weeks entertainment sorted.
                            I had one canvasser on Sunday whilst I was eating my dinner, looking for a vote for Timmy Collins an independent former Blueshirt. When I asked her why I should vote for him she replied because he's from Meelin outside Newmarket. She then elaborated and said that he has been a member of Cork County Council since 2009 and has done great things. She was unable to elaborate on this mans magnificent achievements.
                            On an aside these new electoral areas are ridiculous, how Charleville can be in the same area as Fermoy is plain daft.

Comment

With the wipe out of Labour in the next GE the biggest decision will be do FF and FG go into coalition together or which one will do a deal with SF to form the next government.
                              Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Working...
                              X