Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balla Boy
    replied
    If he wants to stabilise Nigeria, he could pop across the river and have a word with Shell.

Two ****ing chances, like.

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    He is a parody at this stage. Muppet.

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
    I was listening to the BBC World service last night, and one of their correspondents mentioned that the world turned a blind eye when Bono Haram murdered 50 boys in February.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/why-d...to-boko-haram/
    More reason to hate bono.

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    I was listening to the BBC World service last night, and one of their correspondents mentioned that the world turned a blind eye when Bono Haram murdered 50 boys in February.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/why-d...to-boko-haram/

Leave a comment:

• Major TNT
    replied
    rte news just now showed some of the presidential address, she said everyone should pray for the abductee's.

ya, that should work alright....

Leave a comment:

• Grandpasimpson
    replied
    I was wondering what they were up to since then alright!

Leave a comment:

• Eamo
    replied
    Might get a bigger response if they were a whiter shade of pale

Leave a comment:

• Grandpasimpson
    replied
    Funny how the whole world went mental after 200 people went missing in a plane yet more than that number of schoolgirls go missing and not a peep until it became a "cool" issue?

Leave a comment:

• Valencia
    replied
    The whole thing beginning to go like that #JosephKony farce

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied

The kidnapping took place 2-3 weeks ago with little or no political outrage from The West yet all of a sudden it's like Boko Haram are 911 x 1,000,000.
    Islam. Terrorists.

Put the two together and WE MUST DO SOMETHING.

Something has to keep all those defence lobbyists busy ....

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    To me it looks like Obama is being bounced into doing something (without actually doing anything of substance) in America for the sake of optics, to play to the hawks both in Congress and the Media.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    You sound like a complete bastard, just joking. People who want to make change need publicity, bill gates is eliminating polio worldwide for example, Africa and China are massive markets now, capitalism is creating equality of access to healthcare and jobs in third world countries

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Does seem to have been pumped by social media. Without wanting to appear like a completely brutal bastard, I'm not at all sure that it's any of our business in a sense.

It's caused a lot of outrage, and it's a terrible thing, but aid agencies were saying in the press today that there's 50,000 children "at death's door" through starvation in Somalia. Thousands die of malaria every day. 2.5 million children dead in the Congo since 1998.

Unicef website says that Nigeria is the second largest contributor to under 5 and maternal mortality in the world. Every day, 2,300 children under 5.

And we're going to pull out the stops for 230 girls? It's a strange moral compass we're following.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X