Boko Haram/Nigerian Kidnappings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boko Haram/Nigerian Kidnappings

Is it just me or is the West's (Obama first and then his Etonian lackey) delayed token response to the kidnapping of ~230 Nigerian girls a shallow attempt to be seen to be doing something against "the terrorist threat"?

The kidnapping took place 2-3 weeks ago with little or no political outrage from The West yet all of a sudden it's like Boko Haram are 911 x 1,000,000.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Does seem to have been pumped by social media. Without wanting to appear like a completely brutal bastard, I'm not at all sure that it's any of our business in a sense.

It's caused a lot of outrage, and it's a terrible thing, but aid agencies were saying in the press today that there's 50,000 children "at death's door" through starvation in Somalia. Thousands die of malaria every day. 2.5 million children dead in the Congo since 1998.

Unicef website says that Nigeria is the second largest contributor to under 5 and maternal mortality in the world. Every day, 2,300 children under 5.

And we're going to pull out the stops for 230 girls? It's a strange moral compass we're following.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

You sound like a complete bastard, just joking. People who want to make change need publicity, bill gates is eliminating polio worldwide for example, Africa and China are massive markets now, capitalism is creating equality of access to healthcare and jobs in third world countries
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

To me it looks like Obama is being bounced into doing something (without actually doing anything of substance) in America for the sake of optics, to play to the hawks both in Congress and the Media.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post

The kidnapping took place 2-3 weeks ago with little or no political outrage from The West yet all of a sudden it's like Boko Haram are 911 x 1,000,000.
          Islam. Terrorists.

Put the two together and WE MUST DO SOMETHING.

Something has to keep all those defence lobbyists busy ....
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Comment

The whole thing beginning to go like that #JosephKony farce
              Con Artist

Comment

Funny how the whole world went mental after 200 people went missing in a plane yet more than that number of schoolgirls go missing and not a peep until it became a "cool" issue?
                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Might get a bigger response if they were a whiter shade of pale
                  I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                  HL Mencken

Comment

I was wondering what they were up to since then alright!
                    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

rte news just now showed some of the presidential address, she said everyone should pray for the abductee's.

ya, that should work alright....

Comment

I was listening to the BBC World service last night, and one of their correspondents mentioned that the world turned a blind eye when Bono Haram murdered 50 boys in February.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/why-d...to-boko-haram/

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                          I was listening to the BBC World service last night, and one of their correspondents mentioned that the world turned a blind eye when Bono Haram murdered 50 boys in February.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/why-d...to-boko-haram/
                          More reason to hate bono.
                          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Comment

He is a parody at this stage. Muppet.

Comment

Working...
                              X