Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRTB

Hi,

have had a search for PRTB, but all I can find are mentions of PRTB throughout various threads without any specific thread on PRTB.

Has anybody here had any dealings with PRTB and any thing positive to say about the PRTB?
    I'm coming from the landlord sign of the coin....where it seems to me that there is no protection for landlords by the PRTB.

I've raised dispute months ago, have served the correct legal notices, and still have a tenant in my house not paying rent and making no effort to move out. 6 months of no rent paid, failure to move out has cost me sale of property, contacting the PRTB constantly looking for resolution to this 'dispute' seems to be getting me nowhere.

does anybody have any other avenues that I could pursue? from any investigations I have had/discussionws with solicitor it seems all roads lead back to the issue being addressed by PRTB !

Lots of advise available on www.boards.ie I've read evicting a tenant is a long drawn out process however.

Link
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Thanks - yes have been through those boards as well...and didnt exactly fill me with optimism...
      it really grates that I had to leave the country and my home to make ends meet,as was unemployed...and now there is someone living in my house for free while i'm breaking my hole to pay rent in UK (not cheap) and paying for someone to live for free in my house

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Man94 View Post
        Thanks - yes have been through those boards as well...and didnt exactly fill me with optimism...
        it really grates that I had to leave the country and my home to make ends meet,as was unemployed...and now there is someone living in my house for free while i'm breaking my hole to pay rent in UK (not cheap) and paying for someone to live for free in my house
        you've done well not to go back and fling them out by the neck. My missus had someone in her place not paying towards the end of her Tenancy. Luckily she moved out. Left the place in a state and it will be 2 months minimum vacant before she can rent it out again. We are in the UK and it's difficult to get back and fix it up.

I've seen both sides, had w*nker landlords try to do me no matter how fair i was, have seen w*nker tenants trying to do a landlord no matter how nice and accommodating she was. Very frustrating the laws to do anything about them in a reasonable timeframe. We had to move away to make a living while someone gets to stay on in the country abusing the poor f*ckers who had to leave.

If people have no respect for a reasonable deal, they should be thrown out on the street and not allowed to distort a law to aid their ill behaviour.

Hope you get sorted.
        The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

As far as I know you'll have to take it up with the PRTB. The sooner you do this the better. If you've served all notices correctly I'd say it should move fairly quickly.

If the tenant intends to show up at the PRTB hearing (however unlikely) you could have someone waiting near the house to kick in the door while they're out and change the locks - Note: Jenta in no way endorses intentional damage to property.
          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
            As far as I know you'll have to take it up with the PRTB. The sooner you do this the better. If you've served all notices correctly I'd say it should move fairly quickly.

If the tenant intends to show up at the PRTB hearing (however unlikely) you could have someone waiting near the house to kick in the door while they're out and change the locks - Note: Jenta in no way endorses intentional damage to property.
            Raised with PRTB two months ago. no sign of a hearing as of yet. I cannot believe ( well i can actually) how inefficient this shower of wasters are.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
              you've done well not to go back and fling them out by the neck. My missus had someone in her place not paying towards the end of her Tenancy. Luckily she moved out. Left the place in a state and it will be 2 months minimum vacant before she can rent it out again. We are in the UK and it's difficult to get back and fix it up.

I've seen both sides, had w*nker landlords try to do me no matter how fair i was, have seen w*nker tenants trying to do a landlord no matter how nice and accommodating she was. Very frustrating the laws to do anything about them in a reasonable timeframe. We had to move away to make a living while someone gets to stay on in the country abusing the poor f*ckers who had to leave.

If people have no respect for a reasonable deal, they should be thrown out on the street and not allowed to distort a law to aid their ill behaviour.

Hope you get sorted.

Cheers !

Comment

http://www.irishlandlord.com/forum/index.php

There's loads of info there.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Cut the electricity
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                    thanks JCC....reading some of those horror stories just enforces my fears....not too many people with anything good to say about PRTB. anger levels are rising.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                      Cut the electricity
                      I like this! Is it legal? As the owner of a property surely you are entitled to decide if a service is supplied to your house, regardless of who occupies it.
                      The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

I like this! Is it legal? As the owner of a property surely you are entitled to decide if a service is supplied to your house, regardless of who occupies it.
                        Not necessarily. You have a rental agreement, regardless of whether the tenant is, in your view, in breach of it. That's not to say your view isn't correct, but no one with the requisite authority has ruled on that. You're bound by the agreement until the tenancy is terminated by eviction. Breaching it could significantly complicate and lengthen the eviction process.

That's my understanding at least.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                          Not necessarily. You have a rental agreement, regardless of whether the tenant is, in your view, in breach of it. That's not to say your view isn't correct, but no one with the requisite authority has ruled on that. You're bound by the agreement until the tenancy is terminated by eviction. Breaching it could significantly complicate and lengthen the eviction process.

That makes sense alright. Considering these evictions can often take 6 months or even more, you could always go in after 2 and disconnect the electricity. You might lengthen the process of eviction but whats it matter if it gets them out after two months.

From what i see you never recover the lost rent from them even after eviction so it's a risk i'd be willing to take. You may be in breach of the tenancy but only did so after it was breached by the non compliance of the tenant. But the world is so screwed up you wouldn't know what way a judge would see it. But i know i'd do it.

Comment

That makes sense alright. Considering these evictions can often take 6 months or even more, you could always go in after 2 and disconnect the electricity. You might lengthen the process of eviction but whats it matter if it gets them out after two months.

From what i see you never recover the lost rent from them even after eviction so it's a risk i'd be willing to take. You may be in breach of the tenancy but only did so after it was breached by the non compliance of the tenant. But the world is so screwed up you wouldn't know what way a judge would see it. But i know i'd do it.
                            I don't know the details in Irish law, but in the UK harassment and illegal eviction are criminal offences. Aside from the risk of criminal conviction, tenants can also take action to seek recompense of any financial losses they've incurred as a result. So you could end up with a bill for their alternative accommodation and a criminal record. Don't know how that differs in Ireland though.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

That's true, however it would be awfully unfortunate if the electricity was cut off through no fault of the landlord and they weren't obliged to have it repaired.

Comment

Working...
                              X