Contact Google Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Google Play

Some APP I never heard of called PIXELBERRTSTU decided to empty my credit card. Visa guy said I need to ring google ireland but their number is absolutely impossible to use unless you know the extension you need. Anyone got any advice?
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

same here, 3 payments of about €90 each made on my credit card for something called Supercell.
    a game I've never even heard of.

Comment

I used a form online to lodge a complaint with google, I could fricking kill them, rang google head office in US, automated response only. The phone number on Google.ie contact us is their fax number...

Visa say they can handle it but it will be faster for me as they must go bank to bank. How is an IT company like google so amateur in their dealings with the public?
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Never happen with itunes..

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/ios...31846-Feb2014/
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

AIB have cancelled my credit card & are sending me out a new one. tis a fecking pain.

Comment

There has been a massive spike in malicious apps on The Play Store recently.

As with an ITunes account, I'd recommend people remove any credit card details on file. With Apple it is a bit harder as you will have to set up a new account minus a credit card.

If you then want to purchase stuff just get one of those pre paid cards and add the credit.
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Actually just looked it up there and apparently now you can delete your credit card from the iTunes store as well.

Comment

So, it appears that when I bought a game for a fiver once off the google play app on my nine year olds account remembered my credit card details and when she downloaded a new game it proceeded to charge me every two minutes
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                  So, it appears that when I bought a game for a fiver once off the google play app on my nine year olds account remembered my credit card details and when she downloaded a new game it proceeded to charge me every two minutes
                  Fairly sure it doesn't work quite like that - you may have associated your CC with said Google Play account and not required a password for purchasing apps, hence her being able to download paid games or make purchases in games.
                  Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                  Munster: Early Season
                  Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                  Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                  Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal View Post
                    Fairly sure it doesn't work quite like that - you may have associated your CC with said Google Play account and not required a password for purchasing apps, hence her being able to download paid games or make purchases in games.
                    Yes I may not have restricted her account with a password, she downloaded this game on Saturday and its charged me about 40 odd times since for amounts adding to about 200 euros. If this seems reasonable to you then you need your head read
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Yes I may not have restricted her account with a password, she downloaded this game on Saturday and its charged me about 40 odd times since for amounts adding to about 200 euros. If this seems reasonable to you then you need your head read
                      I never said it was reasonable.
                      Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                      Munster: Early Season
                      Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                      Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                      Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal View Post
                        I never said it was reasonable.
                        I may have over reacted a tad, being screwed out of my cash at month end and while abroad tends to make me edgy.
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                          There has been a massive spike in malicious apps on The Play Store recently.

As with an ITunes account, I'd recommend people remove any credit card details on file. With Apple it is a bit harder as you will have to set up a new account minus a credit card.

If you then want to purchase stuff just get one of those pre paid cards and add the credit.
                          I've never even downloaded the app from google play or itunes, but I got hit with the charges.
                          I think I got hit with the Apple security flaw that sulla posted above, as when surfing a few weeks on my ipad, the Apple store opened on its own on a couple of occasions.

Comment

Have a chat with Val about kids, creditcards and mobile devices
                            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
                              I've never even downloaded the app from google play or itunes, but I got hit with the charges.
                              I think I got hit with the Apple security flaw that sulla posted above, as when surfing a few weeks on my ipad, the Apple store opened on its own on a couple of occasions.
                              It is highly unlikely that you were. It is a pretty new exploit.

See if you have a credit card already on file in Itunes.

To remove your cc information from an account:
                              1. Go into itunes
                              2. click store
                              3. click view my account (also capable of signing out)
                              4. Put in CC # and 4-digit code
                              5. Click edit next to credit card information
                              6. Select none and then done

For Google, go to wallet.google.com , sign in, and see if there are cards registered in your account.

Comment

Working...
                              X