X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelson Mandela 1918 -2013 RIP

R.I.P.

Nelson Mandela dead

......according to RTÉ Primetime as announced, just now by the South African President.

Comment

Bless him, the greatest human being of my lifetime.

Comment

RIP. If ever there was a unifying force in the world...
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          Bless him, the greatest human being of my lifetime.
          It will be one of those moments,you will remember what you were doing and where you were.

Agreat great man.

Comment

shuufled off this mortal coil. a man that proved, you can change your ways. gracious greatness. RIP.
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8031[/ATTACH]

r.i.p.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

RIP one of the most iconic people ever. Many could learn from him.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I know he was 95, but still incredibly sad. He changed the world. There aren't many people you can say that about. I can't think of anyone more inspiring in my lifetime. He always found a way to rise above the hate, and endure. An incredible person, a hero.

Sleep soundly.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

RIP.
                  Last edited by Stringer9; 5th-December-2013, 22:09.
                  The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

27 Years In a White Mans Jail.

RIP the man they call Madiba. An incredible human being.

Comment

Now we have the unedifying scramble to climb upon his legacy and money.
                      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Still remember literally jumping for joy when I saw him first walking into freedom over 20 years ago. One of the few public figures for whom I always had huge respect and admiration.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Nelson Mandela 1918 -2013 RIP

Incredible force for change and bravery beyond equal. Rather disappointing after he took the reins though, all that seems to have changed about South Africa in the last 20 years is the skin colour of a few of the small number of politicians and oligarchs carving it up for themselves.

Will always be remembered very positively in a rugby sense after 95. Really iconic moment.
                          Last edited by Jenta; 5th-December-2013, 23:59.
                          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                              Rather disappointing after he took the reigns though, all that seems to have changed about South Africa in the last 20 years is the skin colour of a few of the small number of politicians and oligarchs carving it up for themselves.
                              Probably another discussion for another day but the seeds were well sown prior to the end of apartheid by the disaster capitalists.
                              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                              X