I don't like cheese..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like cheese..

Call it weird, unnatural, odd.. Whatever you want.. But i don't like the smell or taste of cheese..

Only on a pizza but thats not the same... Or a toasted ham and cheese sandwich...

My family and wife love cheese.. My friends love cheese.. Cheese in a sandwich, as a snack or they have various repugnant forms of it as a guilty pleasure at night.. No thanks..

Take this recent example on another great thread here...

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
    Cheese and rocket sandwich

cut two thick shlabs of cheddar cheese
    Grab a fist of rocket and shove between said shlabs.

eat.
    Bless you Huwie... Id rather eat my right testicle ...
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
      Call it weird, unnatural, odd.. Whatever you want.. But i don't like the smell or taste of cheese..

Only on a pizza but thats not the same... Or a toasted ham and cheese sandwich...

My family and wife love cheese.. My friends love cheese.. Cheese in a sandwich, as a snack or they have various repugnant forms of it as a guilty pleasure at night.. No thanks..
      The missus is the same, she hates the smell of cheese.
      I brought home some Ardhanran the other week and it ended up clingfilmed and triple bagged within a few minutes of it crossing the threshold.

I like my cheese strong and smelly.

That fantastic small cheese shop down in Dingle is fantastic for the waft.

Funnily enough, as a kid from a farming background, I used to be fed lambs testicles when they were about.
      And according to my mother they went down well at the dinner table... ..and she used to stuff them with cheese funnily enough.
      The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
      Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Can I suggest though, that if your wife has shmelly chayse in the fridge..
        .. you grind some coffee beans (or buy ground, dont think kenco works..) and leave some in an open container in the fridge.

You can thank me later. (unless you dont like the smell of coffee either)
        The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
        Gwan the Welsh

Comment

The mozzarella cheese that's normally used on a pizza doesn't really taste of anything much. Probably why you're able to tolerate it!

I was a dinner guest in France a long time ago where the host provided us with a cheese course in the form of a "clock" - twelve pieces of cheese arranged in a circle around a plate. She explained the idea was that you started at 1 and finished at 12, with 1 being the mildest and 12 being the strongest. Now, seeing as how I was quite a young fella back then, I didn't really have the palate for it, but of course there was no way I wasn't going to start with a nibble of the corner of no. 12, just to see what it was like ... and begob, I nearly gawked. Sod that, thought I. Had a mouthful of wine and tried no. 1 to try and get rid of the horrible taste and it was grand, so worked my way on round the plate. By the time I'd gotten as far as no. 12 I thought I may as well give it another go, and this time it turned out to be grand, lovely in fact.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

clowns

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
              The missus is the same, she hates the smell of cheese.
              I brought home some Ardhanran the other week and it ended up clingfilmed and triple bagged within a few minutes of it crossing the threshold.

I like my cheese strong and smelly.

That fantastic small cheese shop down in Dingle is fantastic for the waft.

Funnily enough, as a kid from a farming background, I used to be fed lambs testicles when they were about.
              And according to my mother they went down well at the dinner table... ..and she used to stuff them with cheese funnily enough.
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I'm the exact same! Love it on a Pizza or a Ham and Cheese sandwich but not in other forms. The cheese aisle in the supermarket is completely lost on me. Everyone seems to be mad on cheese, is that normal or am i the odd one? I moved to the UK and sometimes if we go for grub and a few pints, the lads will order a 'Cheese board'. For me it's the most unnatural thing to be eating blocks of this stuff, with it's rotten smells and manky textures, crumbly, rubbery, slimey.....

My missus suggests that it's a need to have it melted thats the issue, but i will eat a grated cheese roll... only Chedder tho...

Good to know I'm not alone!
                The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

It is the same! I'd say your'e just finicky. I know someone who hates fish, but loves fish fingers????. If you like Pizza with cheese and a toasted sandwich with cheese, the chances are, you like cheese. Educate your palate, you'll be delighted!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	roquefort.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	2478390

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                      I'm the exact same! Love it on a Pizza or a Ham and Cheese sandwich but not in other forms. The cheese aisle in the supermarket is completely lost on me. Everyone seems to be mad on cheese, is that normal or am i the odd one? I moved to the UK and sometimes if we go for grub and a few pints, the lads will order a 'Cheese board'. For me it's the most unnatural thing to be eating blocks of this stuff, with it's rotten smells and manky textures, crumbly, rubbery, slimey.....

My missus suggests that it's a need to have it melted thats the issue, but i will eat a grated cheese roll... only Chedder tho...

Good to know I'm not alone!
                      Freshly grated cheese (cheddar, parmesan etc) means more of the surface area is exposed, enhancing the flavour.* Turns out you actually love cheese!

*Packets of pre-grated cheese are therefore the worst way to eat it. Well, that and Easi-singles ...
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8013[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Homer-Simpson-Drooling-while-Sleeping.gif
Views:	2
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	2478391
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                          Freshly grated cheese (cheddar, parmesan etc) means more of the surface area is exposed, enhancing the flavour.* Turns out you actually love cheese!

*Packets of pre-grated cheese are therefore the worst way to eat it. Well, that and Easi-singles ...
                          I have had Easi singles when i was younger. I think they were acceptable because they didn't taste like cheese, more like a big marker pen! I would eat one half, then use the other to set the mouse traps.
                          The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Cheese should be eaten melted, on a pizza or a sandwich or enchilada or somesuch, or not at all
                            "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

A nice brie at room temperature so.
                              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                              X