linkedin "intro"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

linkedin "intro"

Got this mail in my inbox this morning. I dont use linkedin, but just to let you know !!

LinkedIn has released a new product called Intro. Intro reconfigures your
    iOS device (e.g. iPhone, iPad) so that all of your emails go through
    LinkedIn’s servers. Once you install the Intro app, all of your emails,
    both sent and received, are transmitted via LinkedIn’s servers. LinkedIn is
    forcing all your IMAP and SMTP data through their own servers and then
    analyzing and scraping your emails for data.
    This means LinkedIn will have full access to the content of your email, can
    change the content of your emails, store your emails, change the security of
    your device, and can break your secure email encryption.

Jesus, should we just go back to the auld letter and stamp in a post box in future?
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Presume if you use LinkedIn but don't downlaod Intro you are ok?
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Linkedin is gone to ****e, in new update I cant even open all my job offer emails, have to go into yahoo and back through there, very annoying
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Half of my inbox is their daily ****ing spam, so they might as well be running it altogether.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I got asked by a well known politician to endorse him recently on it, I sent a mail to ask what should I endorse him for, he never did a tap for me and I had never worked with him. Never heard a word back.

The only thing Linkedin is missing is being able to endorse people for being good endorsers, have a skill called "Endorsing".
            Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Can you all please endorse me, I think the world deserves to know
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                Can you all please endorse me, I think the world deserves to know
                No prob . You are a fine poster
                Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  I got asked by a well known politician to endorse him recently on it, I sent a mail to ask what should I endorse him for, he never did a tap for me and I had never worked with him. Never heard a word back.

The only thing Linkedin is missing is being able to endorse people for being good endorsers, have a skill called "Endorsing".
                  "Im sorry I could not find corruption and bribery skills in the list of options"
                  "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                    "Im sorry I could not find corruption and bribery skills in the list of options"
                    LOL, I know. I was looking for Stealing, Lying, Money Laundering and Acting The Gobdaw options in the skill sets but no joy.

Every time I hear this person on the radio I laugh. It's a laugh mixed with sadness though. There really are some complete gob****es in power

Comment

Originally posted by tickettout
                      it's turned into Facebook. Friends linking in with each other endorsing each other on stuff neither have a clue about.
                      This. What I find to be genuinely invidious is the weight which those in the HR/recruitment/headhunting sectors are attaching to it though. It has become de rigeur. I have enough **** to deal with during my working week, without needing to make sure I allocate enough time to update my skillset, or endorse a few strangers, post to a blog of some group I signed up to etc, etc.

Make sure to post informative hints/tips - when 99% of the stuff which gets posted isn't your own thinking, rather some cut & paste job from some weary consultant hack on the other side of the globe.

It's ******** for the corporate chattering classes. Only a tiny fraction of who are genuinely productive. It's the preserve of the tablet-wielders. The consumers who would rather be seen dead that slaving away on a laptop/desktop like some plebian producer.

The only people who could possibly have the time to 'run' their profile to maximum advantage are either unemployed and likely bull****ting or the underemployed and definitely bull****ting.

And recruiters.

It should be called LiarLiarPantsOnFire.com

Comment

I removed about 90% of my contacts a few months ago, and now only accept connections from people I've worked with or know.

It can be a useful tool, but agree with Red above, I do laugh when I read some peoples profiles and their so called achievements e.g. the project tea boy saying he directed and managed a multi million quid project, when the fupper struggled to get the right order in at Starbucks.

Some people have a neck like a jockeys bollix ...
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                          I removed about 90% of my contacts a few months ago, and now only accept connections from people I've worked with or know.

It can be a useful tool, but agree with Red above, I do laugh when I read some peoples profiles and their so called achievements e.g. the project tea boy saying he directed and managed a multi million quid project, when the fupper struggled to get the right order in at Starbucks.

Some people have a neck like a jockeys bollix ...
                          I use it for business - it is a great way of tracking people down if you are in any kind of sales game. I've got a lot of business introductions from it, and people on LinkedIn generally don't mind being contacted for genuine business reasons - they have put themselves up there after all.

One thing I don't get is people who connect with others in their own organisation - I mean, what's the point?
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Do you have an opinion on the change in the listing of Contacts so that one cannot get a listing in alphabetical order of surnames?

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

One thing I don't get is people who connect with others in their own organisation - I mean, what's the point?
                              Because five or ten years later when I find out there is a contract going in a certain place I check who do I know there and get the full low down before deciding if I'd like to progress or if I am wasting my time
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X