Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
    10c on fags? Clearly they want to encourage us to get cancer
    Law of diminshing returns applies, already people like myself are bringing the full allocation of fags and tobacco for our mates every weekend that we come home, thats to say nothing of the illegally brought in fags.
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Health insurance tax relief cap of €1,000 (adult)/€500 (child) and DIRT rate are probably the two which stands out for me as bad policy.
      Apart from that, little to see. Pity he didn't finish the job and make make the full adjustment.

Comment

Fat Rabbitte on now. Plump Bunny struggling to read the prepared answer on auto cue. Chrlst RTE really spoon feed these ****s.
        We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
        Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Plump Bunny now attacks Pravda.
          We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
          Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by Armin Tamzarian View Post
            Health insurance tax relief cap of €1,000 (adult)/€500 (child) and DIRT rate are probably the two which stands out for me as bad policy.
            Apart from that, little to see. Pity he didn't finish the job and make make the full adjustment.
            Yeah Armin, anyone lucky to have something saved now has double incentives NOT to leave it in Ireland between huge DIRT and no bank guarantee

I still have accounts overseas from when I worked in the UK and US and have a few grand from a redundancy program a few years ago. I think i'll put it elsewhere
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

No comment on the DIRT increase? Not many savers left these days I suppose.

EDIT: Oops. Missed Armin's comment.
              Last edited by bugler; 15th-October-2013, 15:39.

Comment

Yeah being saving for hopefully paying the costs of 3rd level education for the kids. Think it's time to move it overseas.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Agreed McCloud, that's what I was keeping it for too. With the interest rates being so low, plus any little bit you earn in interest getting almost halved by DIRT, it's lousy
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Just saw the new pension levy too.....annoys me when the right behaviour is taxed- saving, pensions and Health insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                      Yeah Armin, anyone lucky to have something saved now has double incentives NOT to leave it in Ireland between huge DIRT and no bank guarantee

I still have accounts overseas from when I worked in the UK and US and have a few grand from a redundancy program a few years ago. I think i'll put it elsewhere
                      I think foreign interest is taxable in Ireland if you are resident here. Also you are taking on FX risk in US/UK, though at he moment might work in your favour.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                        Yeah being saving for hopefully paying the costs of 3rd level education for the kids. Think it's time to move it overseas.
                        Offshore bank accounts? I hope you guys arent being serious because that is one way to end up getting destroyed by those sadists in the revenue
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Foreign earned interest is of course taxable here, but whether you declare it or not is another matter.

Comment

This guy is fearless. Top notch reply. Great finish. Professional.

Mary lou next.
                            Last edited by Cougar Moon; 15th-October-2013, 16:07.
                            So I walked as day was dawning
                            Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                            Where we once watched the row boats landing
                            By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

I saw a quote earlier from Michael Noonan that he was confident that within the next year the vast majority of those in arrears with the mortgage on their principal private resident will have been offered and accpeted sustainable solutions to deal with their mortgage difficulties.

The man is delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                                I saw a quote earlier from Michael Noonan that he was confident that within the next year the vast majority of those in arrears with the mortgage on their principal private resident will have been offered and accpeted sustainable solutions to deal with their mortgage difficulties.

The man is delusional.
                                Too true. Where is the money going to come from? A sizeable number of people can't pay more in or even meet existing payments. What does Noonan suggest? Extend all mortgages to 50 years so our children can pay that off too? Or have the banks write off a lot of the debt so we can pick up the tab for that too and get another bail out?

Comment

Working...
                                X