Budget 2014: Prepare To Be Astounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mack the Knife View Post
    Paid €5.90 for a bottle in Limerick nearly fainted.
    It is frustrating because I like most of the beers but people won't change from the big hitters unless they have an incentive to.
    He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
      I know this boy and his parents, they cannot get a medical card, they are a young couple, the Minister for Health is a medical doctor, this country is a disgrace.

"Bryn Bailey is a young boy of six years of age from my constituency. When his card expired he was refused the discretionary medical card even though his circumstances were worse than when it was granted. Only on appeal and after ferocious lobbying by public representatives for four months did he even receive the six month emergency card, which is a mere stop gap…

… Young Bryn faces challenges in his young life we can only begin to imagine. Among other things, he suffers from epilepsy, spastic quadric paresis, mitochondriaI disorder, global developmental delay, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, precocious puberty, chronic constipation, hypothermia, microcephaly and right renal calculi.

He has no means of communication, no use of his arms or legs and is wheelchair dependent. His parents have had to make huge sacrifices to support and care for him. He requires 24 hour care seven days per week. His parents are his carers"
      http://www.thejournal.ie/medical-car...24255-Oct2013/
      Nightmare scenario, poor family.
      Con Artist

Comment

Yeah Val but James O'Reilly obviously doesn't think so.
        "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Have been reading this new health insurance cap will affect 90% of policy holders with a minimum of €200 and rising.
          Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
            Have been reading this new health insurance cap will affect 90% of policy holders with a minimum of €200 and rising.
            That was a great bit of sleight of hand by Baldy. The devil is very much in the detail.

The core principles of this and, indeed, the last government is don't get sick and don't lose your job because if you do then they don't give a flying ****. You are a drain on society.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
              That was a great bit of sleight of hand by Baldy. The devil is very much in the detail.

The core principles of this and, indeed, the last government is don't get sick and don't lose your job because if you do then they don't give a flying ****. You are a drain on society.
              Survival of the fittest?
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Survival of the fittest?
                Survival of the wealthiest. Which some people, of course, would argue is the same thing.

Comment

Horrible un irish situation. We've never shafted our own like this before when it all wasn't necessary
                  So I walked as day was dawning
                  Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                  Where we once watched the row boats landing
                  By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                    Horrible un irish situation. We've never shafted our own like this before when it all wasn't necessary
                    With Noonan involved I suspect the late Brigid McCole would not be surprised.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Im reliably informed they've sneakily cut the rent allowance to families by a fiver. Cant give a link its oral from a friend who's a community welfare officer.
                      So I walked as day was dawning
                      Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                      Where we once watched the row boats landing
                      By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

I'm really beginning to struggle to understand the country I'm living in:

Eight-year-old Eirin Nolan O’Connor is profoundly disabled and in constant chronic pain, needing up to 45 syringes and 18 boxes of medication a day — yet the HSE believes she doesn’t deserve a medical card.
                        Read more here

Comment

I'm really beginning to struggle to understand the country I'm living in:

Eight-year-old Eirin Nolan O’Connor is profoundly disabled and in constant chronic pain, needing up to 45 syringes and 18 boxes of medication a day — yet the HSE believes she doesn’t deserve a medical card.
                          Read more here
                          and yet there are apparently 1.9 MILLION medical cards in the bloody country. Could even 5% of those be more worthy than this poor family.
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Absolutely, sponge on the dole your entire life and you'll have a medical card yet the two examples I have posted on this page are amongst the sickest children in the country and they are told to fend for themselves.

Comment

Absolutely, sponge on the dole your entire life and you'll have a medical card yet the two examples I have posted on this page are amongst the sickest children in the country and they are told to fend for themselves.
                              Ireland is a ****ed up place GS. Its not what you know its who u know
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Rather than cut dole for recent graduates (and encourage emigration of young educated folks) it should be cut for those in receipt of it for a long uninterrupted period (say 5 years) and cut on a sliding scale to discourage a welfare lifestyle. Ditto for other social supports.
                                I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                                HL Mencken

Comment

Working...
                                X