Google

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google

Google is really starting to annoy me with the now blatent invasive reaping of personal data. Why the hell does Google Maps need to know all my contacts and the frequency of my contact with them!!!??? A§§HOLES!
    Permissions warning on Google play store apps running Android
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381045346203.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	2497487

And now having just updated tapatalk. ..those bastards want me to log in via Facebook or google+ etc to read my "friends" and email addresses to enable "enhanced picture handling" ( was trying to insert screen shot rather than just attach)
    Good thing the only facefucx account I have is an anonymous one with a dummy gmail and no friends or contacts associated....Nastards!
    Last edited by No. 16; 6th-October-2013, 08:04.

Comment

You're surprised?
      is it not obvious that companies like google, Microsoft and all the social networking sites are passing your private info on?
      surely recent events make that clear.

Comment

I'm not surprised in the slightest. I'm just annoyed. It's bad enough - and I accept for convenience that google knows I'm visiting this site and a lot about my real identity because when on PC I get here by clicking the alerts in my gmail. I also knew for years there was spying and such and that it was probably completely uninhibted (There was no other explanation for my innocent phone calls to completely innocent family and friends in the US being riddled with clicking and static and echoes - it was obviously tapping - and there was no other reason to be suspicious about any of us and it got so bad that we used to joke around using those "key words" just to see what would happen.)

I know that knowing this probably proves that I'm completely irrational, but to read the update on the maps app on my phone implying "We are going to start tracking who, when and how you ring, text, email everyone" just for using the quite actually brilliant Google maps tools seems brazen and completely unnecessary. We are told good practice is to check what permissions apps have and which ones seem above and beyond before installing - but what's the incentive for any of them to not collect everything now? Why not secretly take our pictures with the web cams on laptops and phones too? I'm sure they already have.

Comment

they need a '**** off and find your own friends' button.
          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Working...
          X