Southdoc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southdoc

Mrs Piquet has an awful pain in her back and is in bed all day. She can't move so we rang Southdoc at half five and they said they'd be here in about two hours. Their latest ETA is Ten o clock. Is this usual?

Sorry to hear that Piquet. Only seen them at Kinsale road or Blackpool. Kinsale road is a disaster never see you remotely close to appointment time so if their coming from there it sounds about right.
    We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
    Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Hope she's doing ok Piquet & that the doc has got there
      Con Artist

Comment

Yes, he came at around five to ten and gave her an injection. he gave her a letter for A&E in case it doesn't take. We'll probably have to call an ambulance to get her over there.

Comment

Prob a pethidne injection, had it myself, if Mrs piquet is having back spasms that leave you grounded (to be polite) diazapen is the only way.
          "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

She'll be out of her bin if she starts popping diazepam. Herself had pupils like black saucers when she was on them.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

For back spasms that have you in bed, you don't pop diazapen, and they don't make you "out of your bin"

Comment

The diazepam is used as a muscle relaxant and depending on the dosage it can make you feel out of your bin.

Comment

It's a disc problem of some sort. Difene is the drug of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                    The diazepam is used as a muscle relaxant and depending on the dosage it can make you feel out of your bin.
                    that's why it worked for me, I don't need to be more out of my bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      It's a disc problem of some sort. Difene is the drug of choice.
                      That's generally the first port of call.

Going to A&E will be a waste of time. If it last more than a few days get the GP to refer her for a MRI.

Comment

Going to A&E will be a waste of time.
                        Agreed unless there is no alternative for Pain Relief.

If it last more than a few days get the GP to refer her for a MRI.
                        Will do. She was told to stay in bed for 72 hours to let it settle. It was the fact that Difene and then Solpodol had no effect on the pain levels and she was unable to get out of bed led us to call Southdoc and put up with a five and a half hour wait.
                        Last edited by Piquet; 6th-October-2013, 00:00. Reason: typo

Comment

Herself went the difene/solpodol route and then had to supplement it with diazepam and lyrica. 32 months later she's about to undergo SNRB treatment in the hope of 'curing' it.

Comment

Sounds real bad, put my back out years ago doing weights, once every few years it puts me on the floor for a few days. Hope she is ok Piquet
                            My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Herself went the difene/solpodol route and then had to supplement it with diazepam and lyrica. 32 months later she's about to undergo SNRB treatment in the hope of 'curing' it.
                              Twib, wasn't getting at you at all, I was just relating my own experiencing which is no where near yours, but on a slow night I have turf and barbies that need sorting xxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X