Quick Question - help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question - help needed

Anyone know roughly the cost of a death anniversary notice in a regional newspaper? Family have to do it in the next two weeks and have no idea about costs etc. Is it per word, space on page etc. Anyone with previous experience who could help shine some sort of light on it would be much appreciated.
    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

In my experience wrt recruitment advertising the cost is based on columns x inches, but rates can vary from one paper to the next. Sorry I can't be more precise, but I'd say your best bet really is to directly contact the paper you have in mind.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Ring them up and see
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

http://rip.ie/articles.php They give some practical advise but you would have to ring the paper you are thinking of but this website also publishes the death notices.
        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Death Notices Click on the topic you need help with:
          • Find a specific death notice
            On the home page are a few options to help you find death notices quickly - see below.

If you only know the surname of the deceased, enter that into the "surname" field and click "search". This returns all notices matching that surname published in the last 7 days.

If you know the surname and county of the deceased, enter both and click "search". This returns all notices matching that surname, for that county, published in the last 7 days.

If you are looking for a specific notice, published during a specific date range, select "advanced search". This gives you more options for refining your search, allowing you to select from a number of search criteria, such as surname, county, town, date range, as shown below:

You can bookmark the page(s) that you visit most regularly, such as deaths in your county, so that the next time you visit RIP.ie, you will be taken straight to that page. For example, if you are interested only in death notices from Co. Kildare, then select that county from the County dropdown menu and click search (see below). Then bookmark this page in the usual way.

Clicking the "Death Notices" tab on the home page, gives a all list of Recently Published Notices on RIP.ie, that is, notices published today and yesterday, as well as some notices for funerals that are still ongoing. On this page you also have the same search options as on the Home Page (explained above).

• How far back do your records go?
            Our records go back to July 2006. All notices placed on RIP.ie are archived on the site and can be found by searching: surname, county, town or date range. The only information we have available is that which is given on the site.

Please note, we are not funeral directors and have no direct contact with the bereaved family. The only way to guarantee that a notice appears on RIP.ie is if the funeral director publishes the notice on the site.

• Publish a death notice
            To publish a death notice on RIP.ie, simply ask your funeral director to do so. This is a free service to bereaved families and all funeral directors in Ireland have secure access to the site for the purpose of publishing their death notices. Your funeral director can contact us directly, should they have any questions.

Given the sensitive nature of the information on RIP.ie, we cannot accept notices directly from the public. Similarly, we cannot make changes to a notice published on the site by a funeral director, such changes can only be made by the funeral director.

The only way to guarantee that a notice appears on RIP.ie is if the funeral director publishes the notice on the site.

All notices placed on RIP.ie are archived on the site and can be found by searching: surname, county, town or date range. The only information we have available is that which is given on the site and our records go back to July 2006.

Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Working...
          X