Slane - Eminem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slane - Eminem

I've been offered 2 tickets for Eminem at Slane, I haven't been in Slane for 20 years. Last time I was there was doing security at Guns 'N 'Roses and as a spectator it was Queen before that. So well out of the loop on how it is now. My youngfella is a massive Eminem fan although he is only 12, that's why wanted to ask any folks here been up there in the last couple of years. My main concerns would be what type of environment it would be like for kids and to a lesser degree, parking, is it still a nightmare to get out of Slane after a gig?
    Con Artist

The cops are not taking any chances anyway. 500 Gardai on duty along with sniffer dogs for the gig.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...-29485457.html

Comment

I'm not sure that's supposed to reassure me Drick or make me concerned?
      Con Artist

Comment

Friend of mine said it would be fine, he was up at the Kings of Lyon and even getting in and out with parking was a breeze? That said he was on some stretch of road (M50? perhaps) Where he didn't see any toll booths but still received a bill for 2 tolls plus fine? anyone know what stretch he's on about?
        Con Artist

Comment

Toll bridge at Drogehda maybe?
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

The Garda are upping their pressence at all open air concerts and gigs this year after the Phoenix park debacle last year so don't let that put you off.

The getting out of Slane after the gig bit however..........

I'm in a cold sweat just thinking about it.
            "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Buddy said he left before the encore and had no problem getting out of the car park, he said people waiting on the buses had a loooooong wait
              Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                Buddy said he left before the encore
                they must be form Cork

Comment

Rumours the gig is going to be cancelled so check it out if you're paying for them.
                  \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                  Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123 View Post
                    Rumours the gig is going to be cancelled so check it out if you're paying for them.
                    Hope the feck your not serious he's already cancelled before!
                    Con Artist

Comment

Oh I'm not saying it's true just have heard it from a couple of people. Probably bullsh1t. Enjoy it, think you should go for it!
                      \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                      Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                        Friend of mine said it would be fine, he was up at the Kings of Lyon and even getting in and out with parking was a breeze? That said he was on some stretch of road (M50? perhaps) Where he didn't see any toll booths but still received a bill for 2 tolls plus fine? anyone know what stretch he's on about?
                        Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                        Toll bridge at Drogehda maybe?
                        if he travelled to and from Slane from Munster he would have passed the M50 toll twice. Unless he was aware of it and noticed the signs he wouldn't have noticed it.

couldnt have been the toll bridge at Drogheda, you can't pass through it unless you pay, or have an e flow pass.

Comment

Wife went to the Bon Jovi gig there a couple of months or so ago and had no hassle.

They did strictly enforce no bringing alcohol in and bottle caps off bottles of water etc.

She got bus out of Slane that night and it was a nightmare getting out she said.
                          Life is good

Comment

Cheers Munstershane took a chance & bought them. Hey it's not everyday you get to bring your 12 year old to hear someone shouting expletive laden misogynistic toons. Should be great!!
                            Con Artist

Comment

Edit: gone
                              Last edited by FORWARD....; 12th-August-2013, 17:18.
                              "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Working...
                              X